LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v177.98 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

anybody tried these with 8700M GT In crysis warhead? what settings can i max on with appropriate performance?

The official specs are "NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT 512MB GPU", so based on that a 8700 couldn't run it, however you'd probably be able to run it at low specs.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew55

• mobilenvidia

• Mushu

• Dark Keitaro

The official specs are "NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT 512MB GPU", so based on that a 8700 couldn't run it, however you'd probably be able to run it at low specs.

Actually (from the Crysis Warhead website):

Minumum:

Graphics Card: NVidia GeForce 6800GT, ATI Radeon 9800Pro (Radeon X800 for Vista) or better

VRAM: 256MB of Graphics Memory

I am running Warhead with a 8600 GS and getting 30FPS with 'Mainstream' (DX10) settings and a series 174 driver.

Edited by EnzoMatrix

Blah, it seems that the most stable driver for better performance remains official 175.97 dell driver, to me.

With this release I noticed an intollerable raising in colors saturation on Windows, and I had to uninstall the driver :)

O.K. so maybe a dumb question - since i was last here i could swear i saw support for mobiles (8800M GTS) under this driver version. i understand i can use the modified INF but i just want to make sure i'm not going insane... was this updated? since 177.xx releases are labeled under "Desktop" would it be recommended i stick to those labeled under "Mobile"?

Thanks

Okay, I've been reading through this forum and an error has occurred on my laptop that no-one else has seemed to raise so I'm at a bit of a loss at what to do.

After installing the driver I reset my computer as prompted, but when I get to the login screen I get the "Installing component: Step 3 of 3...." message, and then my computer reboots by itself down a few seconds after. When I try to boot in safe mode I do not even get to this message, the computer reboots right after the windows logo and annoying fanfare.

I have tried every other boot option on the list

My card is an 8600M GT and I installed the modified .ini

EDIT: Tried to boot in safe mode again, didn't get the updating message but went straight to the "Shutting down..." for less than a second and then did so

2nd edit: I was able to restore vista to a just a few hours ago when i was cleaning the registry (lucky!). Any idea why this happened though?

Edited by TehRevenant

Actually (from the Crysis Warhead website):

Minumum:

Graphics Card: NVidia GeForce 6800GT, ATI Radeon 9800Pro (Radeon X800 for Vista) or better

VRAM: 256MB of Graphics Memory

I am running Warhead with a 8600 GS and getting 30FPS with 'Mainstream' (DX10) settings and a series 174 driver.

coooool! what resolution?

Guest lollerblader

This driver does work, which is more than I can say for the last couple of ones I tried (177.92, and the latest 176.xx one).

I do get the CP and games work fine but I get the digital vibrance bug and for some reason I can't use multiple displays anymore.

I am running Crysis Warhead at 1280x720 to get that framerate, but I can run it at 1440x990 and still get fair double digit framerates. I am still using the HP provided driver... I WANT to use a driver here, but have been told (by and HP case manager) that IF my video adapter fries using a third party driver that any damage will not be covered by my A&D extended warranty.

SO, I am emailing Mr. Hurd ( http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/execteam/email/hurd/ ) 'respectfully requesting' that HP update their driver... and I have filed a complaint with; the California Department of Consumer Affairs and the Attorney General's Office of CA regarding the failure of HP to provide timely updates. I know, 'Good luck with that'. But, I am much better at; writing letters, emails and phone calls than I am with installing modified drivers... OK.. rag on me...

Yes, I saw the 178.13 drivers were released today. Woof, take a look:

Includes several 3D application performance improvements. The following are examples of improvements measured with v178.13 WHQL versus v175.19 WHQL driver:

Single GPU increases up to 11% in 3DMark Vantage (performance preset)

Single GPU increases up to 11% in Assassin's Creed DX10

Single GPU increases up to 15% in Bioshock DX10

Single GPU increases up to 15% in Call of Duty 4

Single GPU increases up to 8% in Enemy Territory: Quake Wars

2-way SLI increases up to 7% in Bioshock DX10

2-way SLI increases up to 10% in Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts DX10

2-way SLI increases up to 12% in Enemy Territory: Quake Wars

2-way SLI increases up to 10% in World in Conflict DX10

Boy, would I like to see those improvements in my Pavilion DV9500T CTO! Ok... now it's time to poke fun at the noob. :)

oh man these drivers caused MAJOR temperature problems for me, consistent 95deg while playing, caused a shutdown soon as I started playing anything!

(Dell 1520, 8600m GT)

• 3 weeks later...

I experienced DVB (Digital Vibrance Bug) today... 177.98 worked well for several months...

Now I can tell that if you delete and reinstall the driver that bug will disappear... ...just until you try to connect something to VGA-port (LCD projector or second monitor)... After that Digital Vibrance will reset to 100% on every reboot/sleep/hibernate and on every connection/disconnection of external display...

External monitor connected via DVI doesn't work on my ASUS Z53Sc with 177.98

That's all...

I'm back on 177.66... It works fine when I connect/disconnect LCD projector... At least for now...

And DVI works again... :-)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 88mmflak36

Hey guys! Can i use this driver for 9700 GTS. It's not on the list. My laptop is Toshiba Qosmio F50-10B

I try "v176.39 Vista 32bit" but it's not working. I guess problem is Modded INF. Because it has not Modded INF file.

Sorry about my English. I hope you can understand...