LaptopVideo2Go Forums

hard disk temprature 61 degree C

Ajith

Hi guyz..Im having a Compaq CQ50-106AU laptop with an AMD QL-60 1.9 Ghz and 8200M..I installed Nvidia System Monitor today and I was :) to see tht ma hard disk temp is 61 DEGREE C after just 1 and a half hour NFS MW gamin.And the temp while watching movies and songs and all other light stuff is 50 degree C.The starting temperature is 34 degree C..And im nt blocking the air vents with anystuff..Plz help me guys..

Those temps are not too abnormal. If your computer is functioning fine without any freezes or hang ups then everything is ok. Just try to relax and if it still bothers you then go and buy a cooling pad.

Hope this helps!

You say not abnormal, but did you see that he said the hard disk was at that temp..? HDD's are not meant to operate beyond 55-60 deg (depending on the hdd). Check that none of your vents are blocked with dust/clean them out with compressed air, if that doesnt help, contact your system vendor

Yes, my bad, That is a hot HDD. I would back up everything on that HDD and send it in for repairs.

Your idle temps are normal therefore I believe cleaning out your vents will resolve the problem.

yea thats a hot HDD. my laptop runs VERY warm/hot (haha) and idling i get 35c and surfing the web with music running i have 40-42c.

the highest i saw while gaming was 52c i believe.

and like i said my lappy is a warm one, and i have a 7200RPM HDD also. so id defiantly check with your laptop vendor and get that checked on/replaced.

• 4 weeks later...

WOW, my HD never goes above 46c, however mine is 5200rpm

Edited by MonkeyMhz

I've seen 61 - 62 on heavy backup operations (Amilo 4438, 2x

5200 rpm disks)