LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problem with 8600m GS

timpster

Hy

I have a big problem with my 8600m GS.... If i play COD 4 2x antialiasing everything looks good and smooth... then again if i play like mercenaris 2 or Stranglehold on high detail and 8x antialiasing evrithing looks like s***.. realy i dont get it:S PLEAS HELP

For me to help, can you please provide all information. like laptop specs and resolution when playing games etc.. for every game.

Looks a lot like a driver problem i had though.

For me to help, can you please provide all information. like laptop specs and resolution when playing games etc.. for every game.

My specs: T7300@2ghz, 2gb ram, nvidia 8600m GS.... I play 1280x800 resolution.... It cant be a driver issue beacose yesterday i tryd stock driver and it was the same jagged edges..... i have tryed every possibilites but no help:S I have a feeling like my antaliasing is broken or something

My specs: T7300@2ghz, 2gb ram, nvidia 8600m GS.... I play 1280x800 resolution.... It cant be a driver issue beacose yesterday i tryd stock driver and it was the same jagged edges..... i have tryed every possibilites but no help:S I have a feeling like my antaliasing is broken or something

http://jira.secondlife.com/secure/attachme...WithTheWind.png ..... this is example how my other games look like... this is not normal:S pleas help... can BIOS flashing help?

ok... looks all good. The driver can play a big part like Andrew said. Changing the driver is the first port of call.

I usee 175.63 for XP. It runs games very well (not highest performance as opposed to other drivers) but there is no tearing in movies what so ever. (when using VRM 7.0 or 9.0)

If you don't care about moves, then maybe 177.98 could be worth a shot. Have not tried this but its supposed to give better performance and also smoother then the previous 177.92.

Not sure if you are running XP or vista, so can not prive the accurate link.

Here are all 177 drivers.

LINK: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/2-frequently-asked-questions4

or

175 drivers

LINK: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....r=all&st=50

regards,

Hamish

ok... looks all good. The driver can play a big part like Andrew said. Changing the driver is the first port of call.

I usee 175.63 for XP. It runs games very well (not highest performance as opposed to other drivers) but there is no tearing in movies what so ever. (when using VRM 7.0 or 9.0)

If you don't care about moves, then maybe 177.98 could be worth a shot. Have not tried this but its supposed to give better performance and also smoother then the previous 177.92.

Not sure if you are running XP or vista, so can not prive the accurate link.

Here are all 177 drivers.

LINK: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/2-frequently-asked-questions4

or

175 drivers

LINK: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....r=all&st=50

regards,

Hamish

I have tryd all of drivers but no help at all:S I think my videocard is toasted beacose i overclocked.... all worked fine but i dont now what happend... i think i need to flash my card Bios or what?

Don't understand your problem, you believe your card is toasted because you overclocked it. Why do you think so? Do you see weird lines or colours on your screen?

Did you change any settings, or did you install any service patches for your OS?

Whats temperature does your card get to when idle? and lastly.. Is it still under warantee?

What you can do to see if your card is wrecked

*** This setting will force the cards to its maximum performance setting.....

*** and this should not be set 'ON' all the time, as will stress the chip. Turn it to 2d or low performance when not gaming.

In 'rivatuner/ powersettings' navigate to:

rivatuner\nvidia\overclocking

EnablePerfLeveForcing

then change the 'value' to 1

Ok.. now navigate to the screen where you change the core and memory clock rates.

Just under the 'memory clock' settings is another option called

Force constant performance level. Set it to: Performance 3D

Did you change any settings, or did you install any service patches for your OS?

Whats temperature does your card get to when idle? and lastly.. Is it still under warantee?

What you can do to see if your card is wrecked

*** This setting will force the cards to its maximum performance setting.....

*** and this should not be set 'ON' all the time, as will stress the chip. Turn it to 2d or low performance when not gaming.

In 'rivatuner/ powersettings' navigate to:

rivatuner\nvidia\overclocking

EnablePerfLeveForcing

then change the 'value' to 1

Ok.. now navigate to the screen where you change the core and memory clock rates.

Just under the 'memory clock' settings is another option called

Force constant performance level. Set it to: Performance 3D

Okey i did that but no help beacose if i try to start mercaneris 2 applys error: requires a Shader 3 cable video card to run:/ this havent been before

Don't understand your problem, you believe your card is toasted because you overclocked it. Why do you think so? Do you see weird lines or colours on your screen?

No i dont see:P But something is wrong beacose games dont work like they shold be working.... Shaders not working correctly i think

Probably your GFX driver install isn't totally succesful. Have you done:

-uninstall the old driver

-clean the driver remnants with Driver Sweeper / Driver Cleaner, preferably in safe mode

-install the new driver

-clean the driver remnants with Driver Sweeper / Driver Cleaner, preferably in safe mode

-install the new driver

Okey i try it out;)

-install the new driver

Nope didnt help:S

What's your hardware except 8600GS, manufacturer of the lappie and your OS (Vista32?). Meaning if some spesific inf would be a better alternative.

What's your hardware except 8600GS, manufacturer of the lappie and your OS (Vista32?). Meaning if some spesific inf would be a better alternative.

t7300@2ghz, 2 gb ram, windows xp sp2 and lappie is ml770v( its an Estonian manufacture)

What make might be the motherboard? Or is it made in Estonia?

So the best option might be to use a driver made for Asus, which may have some special tweaks needed. The first one I could find is this:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/175series/17628.exe

So the best option might be to use a driver made for Asus, which may have some special tweaks needed. The first one I could find is this:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/175series/17628.exe

That also didnt help.... Like i said i have tryd alll this things and no help.... i think my Os have something wrong or my videocard Bios are messd up:/

have you ever run those games before with good results? each game will be different, and if the advice that we have given does not help, then i can only assume that the games are not playable.

Unless your motherboard has MXM slots.. then you dont have 'video BIOS'. and without a working BIOS then you would not be able to boot sucessfully.

have you ever run those games before with good results? each game will be different, and if the advice that we have given does not help, then i can only assume that the games are not playable.

Unless your motherboard has MXM slots.. then you dont have 'video BIOS'. and without a working BIOS then you would not be able to boot sucessfully.

Stranglehold and sof 3 worked beafore very well.... but now they look lihe s***.

did you used to overclock before?

only other thing i can think of is using msconfig.

type "msconfig" in the run diaglog box. then stop some services from running and start up applicaitons.

Maybe you have some software install that is using some of this power?

did you used to overclock before?

only other thing i can think of is using msconfig.

type "msconfig" in the run diaglog box. then stop some services from running and start up applicaitons.

Maybe you have some software install that is using some of this power?

I have been overclocking before and everything was fine..... i dont understan what do you mean with: Maybe you have some software install that is using some of this power? Can you explain:P type "msconfig" in the run diaglog box. then stop some services from running and start up applicaitons. And what is this makeing better?