LaptopVideo2Go Forums

9600M GT Overclocking :O

eXceed

Your 9600MGT have v62.94.3C.00.FF bios version, my 9600MGT bios is v62.94.1F.00.08 and is blocked, my solution is to flash with your bios :)

The boy who can use well the nbitor in our forum and also he has the same 9600MGT I do not locate him, so I will wait for that appears and uses your bios, I do not dare still :)

I am afraid to spoil it xD

Obtain it or not, I am very grateful to you for your help

Edited by alpa

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• leshcat

• DextoR

• hasham

• Laptop2Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your 9600MGT have v62.94.3C.00.FF bios version, my 9600MGT bios is v62.94.1F.00.08 and is blocked, my solution is to flash with your bios :)

The boy who can use well the nbitor in our forum and also he has the same 9600MGT I do not locate him, so I will wait for that appears and uses your bios, I do not dare still :)

I am afraid to spoil it xD

Obtain it or not, I am very grateful to you for your help

I ve got the bios of card v62.94.1A.00.18.It seems Locked overclock as well But dont be in rush to flash the bios! As far as i understand, me and you have Identical 9600M GT 512 DDR2 ,with standart(500 core\1250 shdr\400 mem) cards. But as far as i remember Laptop2Rocket have 9600 GT 512 DDR3 Version Card(POST #5 approves it).

And if you or me flash it with his bios,dont we damage our cards ,do we?

2 eXceed

Hey! Can you please post your videocard bios version number?

Edited by leshcat

leshcat my 9600M GT is GDDR3 (500/1250/1600) as that of Laptop2Rocket, you would have to flash with the bios of a 9600MGT DDR2.

leshcat my 9600M GT is GDDR3 (500/1250/1600) as that of Laptop2Rocket, you would have to flash with the bios of a 9600MGT DDR2.

alpa i have a 5930, where do i get that bios so i can overclock gpu?

tks

lestat at the moment has not been able to load the bios of the 9600MGT of Laptop2Rocket with nbitor, I am waiting a boy that controls much of this topic to see that we can make, at the moment we can only overclock the shaders. When I know something more, I will tell it to you here.

A greeting.

Ahhh...sorry, i mixed you up with another guy :)

So? Any forward moves?

Edited by leshcat

i oc my dv7t's 9600m gt DDR2 from 500 core, 400 memory to 607 core 500 memory and y can run crysis in high settings (only 3 on medium)

i oc my dv7t's 9600m gt DDR2 from 500 core, 400 memory to 607 core 500 memory and y can run crysis in high settings (only 3 on medium)

Nice! Which BIOS do you have? What is max temp in games?

Here is a small part of conversation with HP tech Support about unoveclockable videocards:

Shamar: Welcome to HP Total Care for Pavilion Notebooks . My name is Shamar. How may I help you today?

Shamar: How are you doing, Aleksey?

leshcat: Hello Shamar

leshcat: I am fine,thank you. But my Notebook is not fine

Shamar: You are welcome.

leshcat: The problem is that i cant overclock my videocard M9600GT DDR2. I blame videocard BIOS for that. Can you help me?

Shamar: May I know the exact issue you are facing with the display on your Notebook?

leshcat: right..its not about display,its working fine. Its about Overclocking the Videocard. After i updated motherboard BIOS by software taken from HP official site (F7.09A) i cant overclock the Videocard anymore.)

Shamar: May I know the steps you are performing to overlock the videocard?

leshcat: annotation to new BIOS says that its going to update Videocard BIOS. And it Did. Now i cant overclock. Its reasonable to speak with HP support service,as HP provided me as his costumer that BIOS

Shamar: I regret for the inconvenience caused to you.

Shamar: Could you please provide me the Serial Number (eg: CNS34915MC) and Product Number (eg:DS542U) of your Notebook? You may find that on a white sticker attached at the bottom of the Notebook.

leshcat: steps.1. I downloaded official nvidia display driver,provided by HP on download page. 2. I downloaded Official nvidia "Ntune" software designed for overclocking. And its just wount work anymore

leshcat: if i give you that number,i suppose you ll give me link to a download page for a 175.88 driver?

Shamar: Let me confirm do you want to upgrade videocard on your Notebook?

leshcat: nope...i said i want a solution,new BIOS for videocard,whitch will unlock the overclocking possibilities or Else. ok-ok...i can understand its not trivial problem,can you give me some Tech Support with is in charge of hardware and firmware?

Shamar: I am sorry to say that we are not having much information about the overlocking.

leshcat: i understand..but..as a costumer of HP, i suppose HP must help me in my problem,as i am trying to perform officially granted possibilities,which are now blocked thanks to HP.

Shamar: I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Shamar: Let me assist you with the phone support number of Russia.

At the end ofcourse i stayed with unsolved problem... :)

2 eXceed

Can you tell us what is your BIOS version?

Edited by leshcat

hi everyone. im italian and i have the same problem as leshcat, as to say that i cannot OC my 9600m gt. i am not so used in OC, but i got helped by a friend and now i know softwares and procedures on how to do it.

unfortunately, we haven't been able to do the usual procedure on my HP DV5-1030EL! when you try to set core/memory values in rivatuner, they "magically" set back to default! and not to mention the fact that rivatuner shows wrong values of the setting (as you said, 400/800/400).

we have to solve the problem! what is more, more troubles in installing nVidia System Tools and/or nTune :)

hi everyone. im italian and i have the same problem as leshcat, as to say that i cannot OC my 9600m gt. i am not so used in OC, but i got helped by a friend and now i know softwares and procedures on how to do it.

unfortunately, we haven't been able to do the usual procedure on my HP DV5-1030EL! when you try to set core/memory values in rivatuner, they "magically" set back to default! and not to mention the fact that rivatuner shows wrong values of the setting (as you said, 400/800/400).

we have to solve the problem! what is more, more troubles in installing nVidia System Tools and/or nTune :)

Greetings for Italians! Unfortunately, Welcome to "club". I believe the only way to solve this problem is to re-flash BIOS Videocard on older version or newer which will unlock the ability to overclock. :)

+ servac7 and eXceed HAVE appropriate BIOS on Videocard as they have identical card as we do and succeeded in overclocking, but they don't anwser.. :P :P :rofl:

Edited by leshcat

Hey sorry about the lack of replies, just seen how big this thread has become! Is there anyway I can post my video bios for you guys?

Unfortunately we don't have the space on the server to give 'members' enough to do anything real with . Will have to use rapidshare or a similar service.

If you are after information how to extract your BIOS then look here

http://www.biosmods.com/download.php

This way I am not responsible for a mistake :)

Hey sorry about the lack of replies, just seen how big this thread has become! Is there anyway I can post my video bios for you guys?

It would be nice to know at least its number. :) But ofcourse,you can share your bios with us by rapidshare.com or ifolder.ru or zalil.ru or equal.

Email is also the way out :)

but i ve got question: how are you going to extract the bios? Is nbitor4.5a is working?

damn.. is BIOS flashing the only way out of this problem? because, as i have understood so far, it is a very dangerous operation.. and i have bought this laptop just a week ago :)

anyway, if we need to gather some infos, i can post my gpu BIOS version and whatever can be useful! i appreciate all your efforts :)

Regards

damn.. is BIOS flashing the only way out of this problem? because, as i have understood so far, it is a very dangerous operation.. and i have bought this laptop just a week ago :P

anyway, if we need to gather some infos, i can post my gpu BIOS version and whatever can be useful! i appreciate all your efforts :)

Regards

I bought it 2 weeks ago :) but i wanna overclock. Ofcourse,post your gpu BIOS version! cause we are lack of info.

I bought it 2 weeks ago :) but i wanna overclock. Ofcourse,post your gpu BIOS version! cause we are lack of info.

hmm.. this is quite a problem.. GPU-Z doesn't show the BIOS version.. another way to check it?

hmm.. this is quite a problem.. GPU-Z doesn't show the BIOS version.. another way to check it?

GPU-Z is not showing,thats right,known issue. Try Nbitor 4.5a.

GPU Caps Viewer (1.5.2) has no problem with showing the Bios version:

gpucapsviewerjpgH2B73.jpg

Don't try to oc with Rivatuner (not working for me either), it's all about a masterpiece named ntune... :)

GPU Caps Viewer (1.5.2) has no problem with showing the Bios version:

gpucapsviewerjpgH2B73.jpg

Don't try to oc with Rivatuner (not working for me either), it's all about a masterpiece named ntune... :)

but i have much more problems with nTune! as leschat said, BSOD and so on.. i had to do a system recovery!! :)

but i have much more problems with nTune! as leschat said, BSOD and so on.. i had to do a system recovery!! :)

Will it help to get rid of the BSOD by installing Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package? Look here: http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/1232...-ntune-x64.html

Edited by Laptop2Rocket

well, i'll give it a try.. just downloaded x86 version.. but doesn't seem to start with installation :)

meanwhile, thanks for searching!

Edited by DextoR

Hi,

just for information, without OC, on a fresh windows xP 32b, with the 177.98, my score is 5877 in 3Dmark06.

mine is 7000+, with oc :)

70147000erjpgWFMZ0.jpg

~ 5700 @ default

Edited by Laptop2Rocket