LaptopVideo2Go Forums

M1730 8800M GTX SLI best drivers?

jackkicker

I own a M1730 with 2x 8800M GTX in SLI and was wondering which driver's version you would recommend for Vista 32bits?

I dont game that much but I listen to many DVD and I work a lot on my computer so image quality is way more important than speed.

Also, I'd like if the video card wouldnt heat too much since I have the laptop sitting on my laps pretty often and it not really comfortable when it's overheating...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Vincent

Edited by jackkicker

If you dont game and you didnt want a hot laptop you should have picked a 15.4" or less and one with a single GPU like the 8600GT. You cant really get away from heat in a laptop with 2x8800GTX unless you rip your case apart and chop holes in it.

I own a M1730 with 2x 8800M GTX in SLI and was wondering which driver's version you would recommend for Vista 32bits?

I dont game that much but I listen to many DVD and I work a lot on my computer so image quality is way more important than speed.

Also, I'd like if the video card wouldnt heat too much since I have the laptop sitting on my laps pretty often and it not really comfortable when it's overheating...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Vincent

if you dont game too much then you could always downclock the cards, with nTune.

and disable sli.

should reduce the heat

• 1 month later...

If you don't mind a bit of extra noise, put the fans at max speed. (you can do this using NVidia Ntune or simply by overclocking your cpu to 3.2Ghz or 3.4 Ghz if you have a C2D eXtreme edition processor.