LaptopVideo2Go Forums

how to enforce tv out in geforce 8600M GT

adey

Hi guys..

I have no problem connecting Asus C90S to a plasma or LCD.. it has

but as i had to move to a country area for 2 mnths. n in my room they have one of those old bulky tv's no flat screen. but do have RCA audio video input..

I have got a VGA to RCA connector. picture attactched.. But the lappy doesnt detect any tv..

what can i do to fix this issue..

i thought if i buy an s-video to composite adapter. plug the s-video adapter into the s-vide on the laptop and the composite into the tv. i think that will work

i tried this as well see the attached picture. no joy,,

is there any other option? i tried it on all the non digital tv's it doesnt work.. but if its a lcd or plasma all works great.

post-21875-1220953557_thumb.jpg

post-21875-1220953578_thumb.jpg

A lot of times on a laptop there is function keys used to force detect whether something is plugged nto the S-Video or VGA ports. Try hitting that a couple of times if your laptop has one. The function key usually looks like a TV, screen, or a laptop of some kind.

Hope This Helps!

A lot of times on a laptop there is function keys used to force detect whether something is plugged nto the S-Video or VGA ports. Try hitting that a couple of times if your laptop has one. The function key usually looks like a TV, screen, or a laptop of some kind.

Hope This Helps!

ya i have tried this a number of times. but unfortunately it just wont detect it.. amazingly it works just fine for the lcd or plasma tv.

I get strange feeling that nvidia doesn't support old displays any more. If I'm wrong please correct me ;P But just in case, try older drivers, like 156.10.

I get strange feeling that nvidia doesn't support old displays any more. If I'm wrong please correct me ;P But just in case, try older drivers, like 156.10.

i tried that as well yesterday but no luck...

There is a simple hardware fix you can apply, if you are not afraid to tinker around. Simply take a very thin piece of wire, such as a single strand from a copper wire. Then, insert the ends into the top left and right holes on the S-Video connector before you plug up the cable.

There is a simple hardware fix you can apply, if you are not afraid to tinker around. Simply take a very thin piece of wire, such as a single strand from a copper wire. Then, insert the ends into the top left and right holes on the S-Video connector before you plug up the cable.

Lol what a coincidence that u said it n i logged into the page to write that i just tried it.. only problem is that the bloody laptop screen goes black when it is on lcd or lcd+tv well tv its balck anyway..

hmmmm any idea why so?? but ya it does enforces the tv out. i totaly agree..

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello

I is the 2 top left and right connections (4 and 3 from Wikipedia.)

It really works, the better thing to do is after the detection is to remove the wire because it causes some ghosts in the image

Then the image is perfect. I am quite pissed to have to use this all the time. If someone have a better solution, please post it

I Made a official question to nvidia and I am waiting for they response.

Please everyone do the same thing and lets hope that they fix this.