LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Need a driver!

Halo360Fan

Hello I'm new here. I have an acer sapire 6920G with a Nvidia GeForce 9500M GS and windows vista home perineum 32bit and I need some new drivers for it cause resident evil 4 wont work and I often get driver failures. I'm on stock drivers. So what driver is the best for the 9500M GS? What was is more stable. Incase that driver does not work is there a way for me to get my stock drivers cause they work for most of my games only a few have driver problems. Thanks!

There is really no best driver for any one card, many drivers work for some but not others. A really high scoring driver right now is the 177.92 driver. I use it and it gives me the best 3DMark scores yet. I recommend that one.

Hope this helps!

There is really no best driver for any one card, many drivers work for some but not others. A really high scoring driver right now is the 177.92 driver. I use it and it gives me the best 3DMark scores yet. I recommend that one.

Hope this helps!

ok I will try that. Can I get my stock drivers back from windows update? Cause the link to all acer's drivers does not work. I just want to make sure I can get my stock drivers back if this driver does not work?

k I just installed the driver 177.92 for my 9500GS but before I restart my computer I got a message saying windows cant verify if this driver will be compatible with your system and if which the driver is installed may cause your computer to not work properly or fail are you sure you want to continue? Are you sure that that driver cant break my laptop? Thanks!

I promise a driver cannot break your laptop. :)