LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Small problem in Crysis

Bades

Hey guys.

Just a small issue I have in Crysis. I can't seem to skip the opening credits of the game, when it lists all the different companies involved in the making of Crysis such as Crytek, Nvidia etc

In addition I can't seem to access the console.

Anyone else having these minor issues???

Yes, I get one of these issues in some games (never played crysis and wouldn't dare to on this computer). I cannot open the console in some games. However, from playing far cry, I know that I cannot skip the original credits (if i remember correctly) so that part is normal.

If you want, you can probably re-install crysis and see if the console functions as it should.

Are you guys having crappy vista issues or something?

The game loads a few intro logos (nvidia, ect) then you go straight to a menu. On first play it will play a video, then go in game. No credits.

You should pick up some 169 series drivers or better. I bet we will see some drivers for Crysis warhead soon (less than a week), try those or the original ones recommended for Crysis.

The console I think is accessed by an odd key.

http://www.rediscussed.com/2008/01/01/how-...crysis-console/ (well ok thats not odd, most UT engine games us that one)

This may come in handy.

http://www.rediscussed.com/2007/12/29/how-...s-intro-movies/

There must be something seriously wrong if your pc can't run those videos though. I bet the UT3 videos wouldn't run if Crysis's don't.

You could also try re-installing or lowering the settings some more.

You guys do have the patches installed I assume.

err yeah Bill this isnt a major problem. I dont have issues playing the game but its just the opening logos. I can't skip the logos and I have been able to before. I have also been able to access the console. Its just a bit annoying as each time I start the game, I have to sit through all the logos. Im not prepared to reinstall Crysis really, its just a small issue I can cope with but that will probably work, so thank you Andrew55.

Ill have a look at the links you posted and we have the patches.

Thanks for the help

Its not that hard to backup the saves, re-intall and copy them back over.

You may be able to just uninstall and have it keep your saves, then re-install and they will still be there. (I would still back them up though.)

I know but I cannot really be bothered. I'm going to University soon so I'm not going to playing this much!!! I'm not really bothered by it, I just wandered if there was a quick solution.

Thanks for the suggestions though Bill.