LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Asus G2S-B1 (8600mGT)

Guest Technically Impaired

Guest Technically Impaired

Alright I'll try to explain what happened to the best of my ability, I was previously using the 177.41 driver on my laptop and all was well, you know the saying if it isn't broke don't fix it well I should have listened, I upgraded to upgrade to version 177.89 using the have disk method. When it was done installing I rebooted my computer computer using the prompt. When I rebooted it got stuck on the progress bar for loading windows vista. It's happened before so I wasn't too worried about it at the time. I powered it down then turned it back on and now it won't even show the splash asus splash screen when I turn it on. I can hear the exploding sound it makes, for lack of a better word, when it starts but it the screen remains black. I tried putting in the recovery cd and getting into the bios but nothing will show up on the screen. I took my monitor from my desktop and hooked it up to the laptop and it won't display either. So my question is did I install the wrong driver? Did my graphics card conveniently go bad at that moment? And is there anything I can do to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced

-A knit-wit

If your computer will not post (you see nothing on the screen nor can get into the bios) then the problem has nothing to do with the graphics card driver. The only reasons a computer will not post are hardware related issues. It is very possible that your graphics card did conveniently die, or some other hardware has failed. I would try resetting your cmos (look at your manufacturer page to figure out how to do this with your laptop) and/or try an re-seat the memory in the computer (take out RAM and place it back in) Also try and see if any RAM did die, try using one stick at a time in different slots.

All in all if these suggestions do not work send your computer into the manufacturer to be repaired.

Hope this helps!