LaptopVideo2Go Forums

[8600m GT] External Display Scaling Problems at Native Resolution

Piata

I recently tried upgrading to the 177.98 drivers from my manufacturer's drivers. Everything works perfectly except for the scaling on my external widescreen monitor at higher resolutions like 1680x1050. I tried dropping down to the 175.80 drivers and had similar issues. Reverting to the manufacturer drivers solves it, but those drivers are old and the new drivers definitely give a performance boost.

At first I thought it might have been this problem but adding that line to my inf doesn't change anything.

Going through the NERD log file this appears to be the big issue:

- Optimal : 1680 x 1050 x 60 Hz

- Largest : 1280 x 1024 x 60 Hz

The monitor seems to think the vid card is pushing out 1280x1024 when it's actually pushing out 1680x1050. It's connected via a HDMI to DVI cable.

Laptop Make/Model: Asus G2S-B2

Graphics Card: 8600m GT

Current working Driver Version: 175.80

Last Useable Driver Version: Manufacturer's. Not sure what version, but they're a good year old.

Operating System: WinXP SP 2

LaptopVideo2Go_LogFile.txt

Edited by Piata

Similar problems here and here and here so it's nothing new and appears to be directly related to the hdmi to dvi connection.

Edited by Piata