LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Another TV Out problem.. :(

m0rango

Hey!

Well this is a common problem among the internet but I've tried almost everything.

Well I got Vista for long months now, and when I had XP I was able to use TV-Out perfectly.

I have a Sony VAIO FE31M, with Go 7600. On Vista I was never able to enable TV-Out and I miss that feature a lot

because I watch a lot of DVD's and Series. I have installed a lot of drivers in the last weeks.

Currently I have the latest 177.98. Just to clarify I have the apropriate cables and I even reinstalled XP in the last month

to check if TV-Out was still working.

Downgrading to XP is not an option because I really enjoy working/producing in Vista.

Thanks in advance! :)

post-29667-1221503726_thumb.png

Edited by m0rango

what type of cable are you using? a lot of people are having problems with the DVI conversion cable.

try S-Video or HDMI if you have that ability. also (you problably have tried) boot up with the tv on and cable connected.

(vista should auto detect the cable. )

May also want to try rolling back to a 169.** driver and see if this works.

what type of cable are you using? a lot of people are having problems with the DVI conversion cable.

try S-Video or HDMI if you have that ability. also (you problably have tried) boot up with the tv on and cable connected.

(vista should auto detect the cable. )

May also want to try rolling back to a 169.** driver and see if this works.

Thanks for the reply! I am using a S-Video to RCA (Yellow only) cable and I've tried to boot up with the cable connected to the tv.

I used to do that on XP with the "force tv detection" checked, BUT! now on Vista I cant mantain the "force tv detection" box checked :)

I think thats the problem.. I havent tried the VGA out yet.. but I am tainted to buy one.

Because I see so many people with TV Out problems on Vista (except for the new graphics boards =() that I think Nvidia has long forgot us =|

Anyone got it to work? Even with extra cables/devices etc.. I just want to connect my laptop to my big CRT tv and watch my favourite DVDs :)

Thanks!

S-video to composite cable? that may be the problem. when i had vista s-video to s-video was the only thing that worked (other than HDMI).

as i said before have you tried the 169 drivers? They are quite old now, but all functions work with this series.

(at least you'll know if its driver related if this does not solve the problem)

try Fn + F8 (i think thats on the dell models) but i assume you have tried this already : )

EDIT: apparently forceware 97.34 works. but you will have to have duel view to see it.

Change nview mode to "configured independantly from each other (dualview)". Hit apply. Set your main monitor resolution back to how you like it if it's changed (right click your desktop).

A new item has appeared in the navigation pane: Video & Television. Navigate to Change the signal or HD format. Set up your tv-out format (ntsc/pal) and signal (composite/s-video).

That's the tv out setup done.

To watch movies on your TV, load a video in media player, then drag media player off your main monitor desktop to the right. It'll appear on your tv desktop. Hit the fullscreen button.

Other than this fix (which has only worked for some people) you might have no choice but to wait for a real fix, or use XP again?!

Hey! Wow nice!! Ill try those drivers. Dual view is not an issue because I used to use that. I actually prefer dualview cause I can configure better the TV image.

Ill try those and ill reply.

Edited by m0rango

Hey. There is a problem. I tried to install that drivers and I think I did it succefully.. but! I still have my old Nvida Control Panel (not "old" but the panel that the 177.98 drives installed)..

How can I completely remove ALL nvidia drivers traces and install that driver you told me?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Oh yes! and I unistalled the other drivers before installing this one. I went to device manager and selected the display drivers and unistalled and rebooted..

Edited by m0rango

good... you did most if it. Sometimes the 'uninstall feature' wont take every .dll file with it as it is linked to windows when it boots up. so you will need to boot into safe mode, and run driver sweep. (driver sweep is a free application) this will take every nvidia file off your system.

(remember that you need to uninstall the driver and be using standard VGA adapter when booting to safe mode.)