LaptopVideo2Go Forums

PhysX v8.09.04

Michael Marley

NVIDIA PhysX System Software WHQL

Version: 8.09.04

Release Date: 16.09.2008

Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit)

Language: U.S. English

File Size: 49.3 MB

PhysX 8.09.04

[*]Supports for NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on all GeForce 8-series, 9-series and 200-series GPUs with a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory.

[*]Experience GPU PhysX acceleration in several full games and demos today by downloading the GeForce Power Pack.

[*]Supports AGEIA PhysX processors and software runtimes (no change to PPU driver support).

[*]Includes the latest PhysX runtimes used in the latest game titles.

[*]Supports the following NVIDIA PhysX runtime engines: 2.8.1, 2.8.0, 2.7.4, 2.7.3, 2.7.2, 2.7.1, 2.7.0, 2.6.x, 2.5.x, 2.4.x and 2.3.x

[*]Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on GeForce via CUDA 2.0 for SDK versions 2.7.3, 2.7.2, 2.8.0 and 2.8.1 (requires graphics driver v177.81 or later).

[*]The PhysX control panel can be found in the Windows Start Menu under NVIDIA Corporation.

Should work with any driver supporting CUDA 2 on any 8-series or later card with 256MB or more of dedicated GPU RAM.

GeForce Power Pack.

How will the power pack work? only with the 177.92 drive and latest physx?

All PhysX drivers should work with all video drivers supporting CUDA 2.0, if you have the other requirements. I recommend using the latest drivers, 177.98.

Hello,

I have installed the last version of PhysX drivers and the 177.92 nVidia Drivers (with modded inf), however the PhysX doesn't work...

On the main page (info) of PhysX Proprieties software : "No NVIDIA PhysX installed"!!!

On parameters page AGEIA PhysX isn't working and no GPU are available...

Any Idea

Thanks

Did you make sure to use Driver Sweeper before you installed 177.92?

Yes of course, sweep Nvidia display drivers, have to sweep nVidia chipset also?

Guys I just picked up the Gateway P7811X FX notebook for a really good price. It has the Geforce 9800 GTS mobile GPU. Does PhysX work with it? On the settings page it is grayed out and I cannot select my graphics card. What am I doing wrong? I am using the latest official drivers 177.xx from Gateway and running Vista 64 bit.

-- Alex

Official driver might be the problem just like Sager/Clevo have not put out a official driver that supports CUDA 2 which is needed for Phyx to work. Try the modded inf.

Edited by Doug2h

Guys I just picked up the Gateway P7811X FX notebook for a really good price. It has the Geforce 9800 GTS mobile GPU. Does PhysX work with it? On the settings page it is grayed out and I cannot select my graphics card. What am I doing wrong? I am using the latest official drivers 177.xx from Gateway and running Vista 64 bit.

-- Alex

I have the same laptop. Dont waste your time with video card drivers from Gateway. They are always out of date and do not include Physx. Download the latest 178.13 from Nvidia and use one of the modified INF's on the forum here.

I have the same laptop. Dont waste your time with video card drivers from Gateway. They are always out of date and do not include Physx. Download the latest 178.13 from Nvidia and use one of the modified INF's on the forum here.

This is correct. Without CUDA 2 support, PhysX will not work.

Hello,

I have installed the last version of PhysX drivers and the 177.92 nVidia Drivers (with modded inf), however the PhysX doesn't work...

On the main page (info) of PhysX Proprieties software : "No NVIDIA PhysX installed"!!!

On parameters page AGEIA PhysX isn't working and no GPU are available...

Any Idea

Thanks

Exactly the same problem with the same video driver. no one knows how to fix it?? thx in advance..... i will try with older version of phsyx

Thanks to everybody for the advice. I updated to newest drivers with modded inf and all is well now, thank you.

-- Alex

P.S. I started a thread for overclocking and the Geforce 9800 GTS over in the overclocking section for those who want to help out with this. It is also for people with Gateway P7811-FX laptops. BTW be sure to get the newest version of nTune which was released on 9/23/2008.

Edited by alexandertyler

Guest archaven

hi thr. i'm using 7900gs a very old card. i can install latest drivers by using the modded inf. latest drivers now support physx drivers. is it a neccessity i must install physx drivers even my graphics card does not support it? thx

No. You only need to install the PhysX drivers and runtime if you want to run PhysX-enabled games.

Guest archaven

Thanks Michael for the reply. But even if i were to install the PhysX drivers and runtime for PhysX-enabled games, PhysX still wouldn't be enabled since my graphics card doesn't supports it right? In that case, installing it may be useless. Thank you very much for your kind reply.

Unless you have a PhysX enabled card or a PhysX card, then it would be useless as it would have no effect.

Thanks Michael for the reply. But even if i were to install the PhysX drivers and runtime for PhysX-enabled games, PhysX still wouldn't be enabled since my graphics card doesn't supports it right? In that case, installing it may be useless. Thank you very much for your kind reply.

Just installing the PhysX Runtime on any computer allows for software PhysX, but GPU PhysX can only be done with a GeForce 8 or higher with 256MB or more of VRAM.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, you may turn off hardware acceleration using the PhysX control panel. I do not see why you would ever want to do this, though. Unless you are actually using PhysX, it does not reduce the performance of the card, and even when rendering and using PhysX at the same time, it is most often still faster than using CPU physics.

HELP

i physx doesnt find my geforce 8800m gtx????!!! i thought it supports physx! maybe i need the right nvidia driver???

HELP

Yes, some of the latest. Which one are you using now?

178.24 has them included as well, so they should install when you install the driver if your GPU supports PhysX