LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Anyone have a Gateway F-7811FX

wook

Is the extra CPU mHz really making that much of a difference? I would recommend returning to XP x64. On Vista, especially at high resolutions, I have noticed jerkiness and hesitation in scrolling webpages and things. Have you noticed this, as well?

WUXGA is great, so much realestate.

So what did the G70 end up stinging you ?

Vital stats, benchies bring it on :)

Michael - have not noticed any jerkness at all. iExplorer and everything else is runing very fast. all smooth!

(except now i have loaded up norton internet security. makes boot up 15-20 seconds slower) appart from that actually liking vista!

Yeah i know, i may be the only person who has said that. Ummm when i have played games, i def. notice going from 3.0 ghz to turbo overclocking @ 3.6ghz. They fps really goes up. Running very smooth.

Pieter - cost me $3,700 all up. Normal retail is $4,900 so i was happy with that. Basically brand new. 2 year warantee.

When i can get a copy of 64-XP and can sought out all the drivers, ill try it and see. Unfortunately there are no tv/radio drivers or applications for the device. Pluged it in to satalite and ripped a move in HD. took up 3gb of space and looks real nice.. impresive video capture.