LaptopVideo2Go Forums

New HP based Nvidia INF.

whitetigerx7

I finally got enough time to get a new INF completed and uploaded. Remember if you have problems please report them and if you can offer a fix please do so.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=15094

There is some sad news to report. It would seem VoodooPC has chosen in their latest lineup of Mobility products to NOT continue support of Nvidia or even ATi based graphics processors instead choosing to adhere to Intel's iron clad specification for the Centrino specification of their latest CPU, GPU, WiFi, and Motherboard series. Ironically VoodooPC has always been a full supporter of Nvidia and ATi based products for maximum gaming performance. It's a shame one of the best vendors of high-end laptops has instead chosen to go low-end.

It would also seem HP has also chosen an alternate route for their Pavilion and Presario lineup as well limiting some products to onboard/motherboard embedded chipsets especially those of AMD flavors.

Dell also have gone ATI with their mainstream lappies.

ASUS are also awash with ATI based laptops.

Toshiba Qosmio's at least have stuck it out with nVidia's 9600/9700/9800M's

The circle has come around again.

All good for nV to pull finger out again and give us better technology.

The INF works great in conjunction with the PowerMizer registry tweak. The only main problem with the 177.98 driver is the DV bug, which can be fixed through a couple of ways. Your INF on first boot always changes Aero to Aero Basic, then after a few minutes it reverts back to Aero, I think this happened in your last one too.

Edited by Shaythong

Dell also have gone ATI with their mainstream lappies.

ASUS are also awash with ATI based laptops.

Toshiba Qosmio's at least have stuck it out with nVidia's 9600/9700/9800M's

The circle has come around again.

All good for nV to pull finger out again and give us better technology.

I noticed this too. ATI is starting to come out of its shadow again. We shall only wait to see what shall come of this.

I noticed this too. ATI is starting to come out of its shadow again. We shall only wait to see what shall come of this.

I think it stinks. DAAMIT has always been quite weak at OpenGL, and most of the games I play are OGL. Also, I think Nvidia's control panels (both new and old) are much better than the ATI CCC. A long time ago, I had a system with an ATI x1600, and after 20 seconds of using the CCC, it would always BSOD. Other than that, the system was completely stable. Besides, I am an Intel fanboy and would never buy AMD crap.

Agreed. The older mobility radeon series was quite formidable though. But the ati control panel is still dwarfed by nvidia's.