LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Spore Freezing (Nvidia Geforce Go 7600)

Ringwraith

Hi Everyone,

I am having a super annoying problem with spore. The game always freezes and I have to ctrl alt del all the time to unfreeze it. I tried the 177.98 and the 177.92 driver on this site, and when I run the game, it crashes before it even starts! Does anyone know of a driver that has had positive results with the Go 7600? Also, for more info, my laptop is a Toshiba A100. 2GB of RAM. Someone please help me!

Thanks in advance!

Ringwraith

would anyone with some techy knowledge care to share some suggestions as to what might work? Oh, and after i downloaded and installed a few different drivers, all with no success, the game does not even play anymore. It crashes right when it starts up. I get the error R6025, some grpahical error. If anyone knows how to fix that issue that would be great, so that I could atleast start the game up and change some settings inside to see if they work, or, if at all, play the game in its freezing kind of way :)

All,

It seems we all are having a problem using the Nvidia GeForce Go 7600 with Spore. The game's 3d abilities work fine with my card, the problem seems to come when certain menu screens or images in general, try to load after a transitional screen or animation. I've been in the actual game a few times, and whenever I get the chance to luck out and have the gameplay load, everything works fine. It's not until some sort of menu picture or animation tries to load that I get this freezing bit. In order to "refresh" the screen out of the freeze I've resorted to alt+ctrl+del and escaping out of that back into Spore. This doesn't always work however.

As you can see on my specs I'm working with a pretty high-end laptop (especially for its time). Toshiba Qosmio G35 AV660 (Original OS was XP Media Center Edition but was upgraded using Microsoft's Express Upgrade DVD to Windows Vista Home Premium).

If there are any moderators or staff that can look into the problem with the Spore PC game and the GeForce GO 7600, it would be greatly appreciated. I've done a lot of researching and still have yet to come across a driver or Moded INF file that can be used to update my year old GeForce GO 7600 driver...

Here's a link that might help the people behind the magic here... These seem to be Toshiba's latest releases of Driver Updates for Laptops with the GeForce GO 7600 card installed:

http://askiris.toshiba.com/ToshibaSupportS...%200%2052115949

Neither Ringwraith nor my Laptops are listed here. The latest driver update for my laptop was way back in 2007 and can be found here:

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su...;all_docs=false

-Taquenah

post-30155-1222591666_thumb.png

Edited by LogicDreams

Guest Mleicester
All,

It seems we all are having a problem using the Nvidia GeForce Go 7600 with Spore. The game's 3d abilities work fine with my card, the problem seems to come when certain menu screens or images in general, try to load after a transitional screen or animation. I've been in the actual game a few times, and whenever I get the chance to luck out and have the gameplay load, everything works fine. It's not until some sort of menu picture or animation tries to load that I get this freezing bit. In order to "refresh" the screen out of the freeze I've resorted to alt+ctrl+del and escaping out of that back into Spore. This doesn't always work however.

I know what it is. Nvidia is too lazy to bloody release new drivers for their older graphics cards. you need to download a third-party graphics card driver from Guru-3d. This worked for me and all my friends. just search Guru-3D on google. Have FUN! :)

All,

If you need the Nvidia Control Panel System Information here it is for my Card:

---DISPLAY---

System Information -

Processor: IntelĀ® Core2 CPU --- T7200 @ 2.00GHz (1995

Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista (Service Pack 1)

DirectX Version: 10.0

Graphics Card Information -

GeForce Go 7600

ForceWare Version: 98.13

Total Available Graphics: 512 MB

Dedicated Video Memory:256 MB

System Video Memory 0 MB

Shared System Memory: 256 MB

Video BIOS Version: 5.73.22.04.b5

IRQ: 10

Bus: PCI Express x16

---COMPONENTS---

3d Settings -

-nvGameS.dll - File Version: 7.15.10.9813 - Product Name: NVIDIA 3D Settings Server

-nvGameSR.dll - File Version: 7.15.10.9813 - Product Nam: NVIDIA 3D Settings Server

Display -

-NV4_DISP.DLL - File Version: 6.14.10.8605 - Product Name: NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 86.05

-NV4_MII.SYS - File Version: 6.14.10.8605 - Product Name: NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Miniport Driver, Version 86.05

-NVCPL.DLL - File Version: 7.15.10.9813 - Product Name: NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 98.13

-nvDispS.dll - File Version: 7.15.10.1913 - Product Name: NVIDIA Display Server

-NVOGLNT.DLL - File Version: 6.14.10.8605 - Product Name: NVIDIA Compatible OpenGL ICD

-NVMCTRAY.DLL - File Version: 7.15.10.9813 - Product Name: NVIDIA Media Center Library

-nvDispSR.dll - File Version: 7.15.10.9813 - Product Name: NVIDIA Display Server

NVIDIA Control Panel Container -

-nvCpIUI.exe - File Version: 1.3.7.60 - Product Name: NVIDIA Control Panel

-nvExBar.dll - File Version: 1.3.7.60 - Product Name: NVIDIA Control Panel

-nvCpl.cpl - File Version: 1.3.7.60 - Product Name: NVIDIA Control Panel Applet

-nvCplUIR.dll - File Version: 1.3.7.60 - Product Name: NVIDIA Control Panel

-Taquenah

post-30155-1222758664_thumb.png

Edited by LogicDreams

• 3 weeks later...