LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Cannot get into bios anymore

Guest Marco

Hi all,

one hot summer day my system just started to produce stripes on the screen and then died, i think the Geforce 7600 Go is as good as dead (although I was not in 3D mode when it happened), because no Picture appears on the laptop screen anymore and when I use an external monitor I only get 16 colors and a 640x480 resolution with stripes, as soon as I try to install my graphics driver the system hangs up. I also cannot get into the bios, I hit F2 like crazy until the system beeps. What can this be, is the problem really the graphics card or is it another chip on the mainboard, because the graphics card cannot have been too hot since I was not playing a 3D game or anything when it happened and the cooler is working well.

I'd be grateful for any help.

have a similar problem with my m9750. Reseated monitor cables and graphics card with no luck. external monitor worked fine though so i recomend u try plugging comp into an external monitor. if external works then its probably your screen (mine is under warranty so its getting fixed there but this is what they told me the issue is)

have a similar problem with my m9750. Reseated monitor cables and graphics card with no luck. external monitor worked fine though so i recomend u try plugging comp into an external monitor. if external works then its probably your screen (mine is under warranty so its getting fixed there but this is what they told me the issue is)

My notebook screen does not seem to be the problem, because the backlight goes on, there is just no picture and when I plug in an external monitor I only get 16 colors and 640x480 resolution, as i wrote, so there is definitely something wrong with a graphics chip.

I should get a ati x700 next week, I know it's a downgrade from my 7600 go, but if it works it's ok for me.