LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Acer VBios for ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650

ZeroXtreme

I was wondering if anyone has come across the VBios dump of the Acer Aspire 5530G-822G32Bi/X002.

According to the link below:

Acer Aspire 5530G

This certain model of the Acer Aspire has the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650, and I'm looking at getting this for my Acer Aspire 4520G:

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650

I know it will work on my laptop with the proper VBios, as I have already inquired with the store owner.

I am choosing between the ATI HD 3650 and the nVidia 8600M GT, but the ranking of the 8600M GT is a bit below the HD 3650. Also the HD 3650 uses up less power and generates less heat, not to mention that it is cheaper.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZeroXtreme

• Kayldera

• nassevis

• Magneto7777

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was wondering if anyone has come across the VBios dump of the Acer Aspire 5530G-822G32Bi/X002.

Acer Aspire 5530G

This certain model of the Acer Aspire has the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650, and I'm looking at getting this for my Acer Aspire 4520G:

I know it will work on my laptop with the proper VBios, as I have already inquired with the store owner.

I am choosing between the ATI HD 3650 and the nVidia 8600M GT, but the ranking of the 8600M GT is a bit below the HD 3650. Also the HD 3650 uses up less power and generates less heat, not to mention that it is cheaper.

Actually any Acer VBios for the ATI Mobility HD 3650 will do, I just listed the specific Aspire model above because that is the one I found with this specific video card.

THanks again.

Recently I bought a Mobility Radeon 3650 HD for my Aspire 5710G and it's work fine without any modifications. It has a vbios with Ati subvendor ID, not Acer.

Really!?!?! Boy you are a lifesaver! How is the performance? Is the color better? I sort of prefer the way ATI renders colors better, not as pale.

Thank you again.

Recently I bought a Mobility Radeon 3650 HD for my Aspire 5710G and it's work fine without any modifications. It has a vbios with Ati subvendor ID, not Acer.

Can you please post your bios here I'm looking for one with a ati subvendor ID. Mine came with a HP one and the clocks are wrong in it.

Really!?!?! Boy you are a lifesaver! How is the performance? Is the color better? I sort of prefer the way ATI renders colors better, not as pale.

Thank you again.

Yes, really:). Performance is higher than GF8600M GTs. I did some benchmarks, for example 3DMark06 score is about 4340 points with Core 2 Duo T7400 CPU (with T5500 it was about 4120). I tested with Tropics Benchmark DirectX9, the total score was 370. Temperatures are cooler, the consumption is better than GF8600Ms. There are PowerPlay states with different clockrates. Within playing games, the GPU temperature is about 88 degress Celsius, without gaming is about 58-62 degrees Celsius. The HD decoder works fine, the CPU load is minimal watching HD movies. With VMR9 YUV2 format and deinterlacing work very well, the colors are very good. I forgot to say, I have 3650HD with GDDR3. I think this card is the optimal choice in the MXM-II category, it worths its price.

Can you please post your bios here I'm looking for one with a ati subvendor ID. Mine came with a HP one and the clocks are wrong in it.

Hey buddy, can you send me an e-mail to me? I'll send it in reply. hahetven[at]freemail[dot]hu

Yes, really:). Performance is higher than GF8600M GTs. I did some benchmarks, for example 3DMark06 score is about 4340 points with Core 2 Duo T7400 CPU (with T5500 it was about 4120). I tested with Tropics Benchmark DirectX9, the total score was 370. Temperatures are cooler, the consumption is better than GF8600Ms. There are PowerPlay states with different clockrates. Within playing games, the GPU temperature is about 88 degress Celsius, without gaming is about 58-62 degrees Celsius. The HD decoder works fine, the CPU load is minimal watching HD movies. With VMR9 YUV2 format and deinterlacing work very well, the colors are very good. I forgot to say, I have 3650HD with GDDR3. I think this card is the optimal choice in the MXM-II category, it worths its price.

Oooh boy, Im excited now, mind me asking where you got yours? and if you can post the link?

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
This is a bios dump of the acer HD3650 card. Radeon bios editor shows it is an acer bios and its from the card found on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ATI-AMD-HD-3650-256M...p3286.m20.l1116

THX for the Upload, one question-> Does it have a Temp sensor? Maybe Temps are shown in Atitool :)

Acer Aspire 5530G

oh boy Can you do that??? If u can. I will do same you. because I have 4520G

Yes, it will work they are mxm compatible.

Yes, it will work they are mxm compatible.

R U Sure? if u sure I will buy ati 3650 and change it

Both are mxm II so I dont see why not.

As far as I understand the card exists in two versions. 512MB ddr2 and 256MB ddr3. How do they perform compared to each other. Which one did you bench with 3dMark 06 ?

As far as I understand the card exists in two versions. 512MB ddr2 and 256MB ddr3. How do they perform compared to each other. Which one did you bench with 3dMark 06 ?

Theoretically, faster RAM outputs better performance, and more RAM is generally only beneficial when running under heavy anti-aliasing.

Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Hello,

I've heard HD3650 has many versions. Could you post the clear pic of the card you bought, front and back?

Thanks!!

I let you see my 3650. You may see the number "-12"

IMGP3352s.JPG

Acer Aspire 5530G

Ok folks hope the acer bios I gave is working fine, need a favour back if possible. Could you please upload a copy of your original vbios or send me a copy jaseyfacey at yahoo.com

Cheers

HI,

i have a Toshiba A300 1C9 (T9300;4GB ram;Mobility Radeon HD3650;640GB;.... )

and i have a 3Dmark06 score 3974! how can i make tis better ?

on my desktop i don't have any problem with oc etc, but i'am stuck with this card nothing work

Grtz

HI,

i have a Toshiba A300 1C9 (T9300;4GB ram;Mobility Radeon HD3650;640GB;.... )

and i have a 3Dmark06 score 3974! how can i make tis better ?

on my desktop i don't have any problem with oc etc, but i'am stuck with this card nothing work

Grtz

If you want to change your hd 3650 with a X1800 i would do...

I search for one hd3650 that works with a amilo......

or can you upload your videobios... maybe it would help :)

Where do you come from guest?