LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Acer VBios for ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650

ZeroXtreme

This is my card my%203650.jpg

as u can see there is a lot of things such as texture filtrate which is lower than the other card posted. Should I change the bios to overclock?

it would be much better to use default clockrates before you overclock your card. your card works below standart values.

your fillrates are that low because of the poor clockrates

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZeroXtreme

• Kayldera

• nassevis

• Magneto7777

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it would be much better to use default clockrates before you overclock your card. your card works below standart values.

your fillrates are that low because of the poor clockrates

what ways can u suggest for me to do? the framerates for games are also not stable. Jumping from around from 10 fps to 50 fps randomly which is quite annoying.

what ways can u suggest for me to do? the framerates for games are also not stable. Jumping from around from 10 fps to 50 fps randomly which is quite annoying.

Get the Original Bios file for the DDR3 HD3650 with 500/700Mhz Clocks... if it dosn't work i think something is worng with your card.

• 2 months later...

Hey Guys~

I need help

Recently, I got 3650 DDRII 1024MB version

But its temperature is too high

Even hotter than CPU

I need a solution

here is my card

14.gif

Sorry for my broken English

Edited by ERIC Chen

Guest Guest

ati 3650 ddr2 1025mb(1gb) dosen't exist, this is an 512Mb ddr2 but have hyper memory enabled, that take the other meemory when is necessary from your sytem memory.

How did you know that there is no 1GB version.

Maybe there it doesn't exist in your country.

I bought it in Taiwan.

You can see the pictures.

It has 1GB DDR2 + 1279 Hypermemory = 2303 MB

14.gif

222.jpg

Edited by ERIC Chen

• 5 weeks later...

can you upload your bios just to get my mxm-Bios collection more complete?

I take any format bin or rom :-P but GPU-Z is very easy.

as a solution i would suggest using the copper sheet method!

1. Buy:

Small Copper sheet (like your heatpad 1cmx1cmx3mm approximately)

Arctic Silver 5 referred to as AS5

Kapton Tape <- absolutely mandatory to keep your GPU surrounding's clean from heatcompound

Tape the smd capacitors around the DIE, on your GPU Core and be very gentle to firm the Kapton Foil around it that it protects from thermal compound

Use Copper sheet as replacement for heatpad and place it on your GPU-CORE with as5 under and on top

be carefully with the tight the screws (GPU Core can be broken)

and yes indeed there are some 3450 and 3650 with 1GB vram around but i think it's DDR2 all of them to capture customers

Edited by Meins321

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

hi

sry for my bad english (Austria)

I`m looking for an ATI Mobility Radeon HD3650 512MB DDR2 vBios, cause my last Bios OC crashed at flashing, I think the Bios in this Topics are for the 256MB DDR3.

i hope somebody can help me.

Hi, i have an Acer Aspire 6530G with an ATI mobility radeon HD3650 I cannot do anything with this card nothing works not even trying to flash the bios as RBE cannot read it also my pci express speed is set at X8 but supported is X16, I cannot even play doom 3 properly with this card please help. My specs of my laptop are

AMD Turion rm-70 2.00 ghz dual core

4096mb of ddr 2 RAM

250gb hdd

ATI mobility radeon hd3650 512mb graphics card Core and memory clocks of 600/500

• 2 months later...
Guest nobb1x

hello, i got a 3650 to replace the faulty hd2400 on my Travelmate 5720G, the card fit but don't work, notebook beeps at the power on and lock. i think there is a bios lock, acer whitelisted only few models and allow the use of it. i'm not afraid to brick my laptop (i can't pay more than 200 euros to acer to get a new hd2400 to replace the faulty one,shame on them,i prefer throw it away) and started to edit bios to see if i can find the lock. i think i've found something in the bioscod3.rom but every modify i did seem don't change anything.

I lack of an important info about my 3650, the subvendor ID, i know it has an ATI bios but atm i can't plug it on another laptop to see the complete pci ID, i've read here someone swapped his card with a 3650 with ati bios, could be someone so kind to post me the complete ID of a such card?

PCI ID 1002:9591 Subvendor ID ????:????

my card is the model with 512Mb DDR2

t.i.a

• 4 weeks later...
Guest nobb1x

yes, i got it working, no bios lock as supposed, it was a F(&^*** micro condenser detached on the board, it was not easy to see and resolder it but once done the card started to work on my Travelmate 5720G (bios 1.35) without any modification. the one i got (ebay) had an acer bios, and now that it work, i can see it has acer subsys id too.

yes, i got it working, no bios lock as supposed, it was a F(&^*** micro condenser detached on the board, it was not easy to see and resolder it but once done the card started to work on my Travelmate 5720G (bios 1.35) without any modification. the one i got (ebay) had an acer bios, and now that it work, i can see it has acer subsys id too.

Any chance you can post some pictures of where this was located, thanks

oops misread that

Edited by facey

• 1 month later...

@all

i have a an acer 4520g laptop and i upgraded it to 8600gt but due to very high temp sadly it died on me so im planning on getting an ati hd3650. i have a question does it work out of the box for my acer 4520g? or do i have to modify its bios and etc? because when i upgraded to 8600gt it just worked right of the box. please i need help i dont want my laptop to go to waste.

I got my card from him too, the vbios is kinda skewed... Create a bootable flash drive and copy the content of the archive at the root of the flash drive and boot from it.

Then type:

atiflash.exe -f -p 0 bios.rom -scansii

It fixed the problem on mine. I made a OCed (3d mode: 700/800) vbios that I can upload too if anyone is interested.

What version of the card are you using guys? Is this the DDR2 version or the DDR3 version?

Hi,

I am interested in upgrading my 5520g (Vista32) with a HD3650.

Do you know where I can get an Acer Bios from?

Would someone of you tell me how to flash? Do I need a flash drive? Can I use an USB-Stick or an external Harddrive for that?

Thank you for your help.

Greetings from germany

Ron

I upgraded my 5520g with a HD3650 but i can't get it to go to 3D clocks, it never goes above 297 Mhz core clock

I've reflashed my bios several times but nothing seems to work.

Could anyone with a hd3650 in an acer laptop post their bios? (256 ddr3)

Because i've only tried bios with subvendor ATI

Thanks in advance,

Stijn

Guest Abhishek

Hi I am having a problem.

My laptop is

Acer 7520g

AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Dual Core 2.0 GHz (TL60)

2 GB Ram

5400RPM, 320 GB

DVD±RW (±R DL)

17" WXGA+ (1440x900) CrystalBrite m/WebCam

512 MB 8600m GS Nvidia Geforce Graphic Card

4 x USB 2.0

Windows Vista Home Premium

My 512 MB 8600M GS was nopt working. Because of over heating it died.

I bought new ATI HD 3650 HD mobility Card and installed in it. Because 512 MB 8600M GS was not available in market. And many friends told me that this ATI HD 3650 will work in my Laptop.

Now after installing my new ATI 3650 HD 512 MB card . I can see a flash on the screen when I start my Laptop but nothing after scree is Blank. CPU is Running Fan is also running.

I have tried to put bootable XP CD but nothing happend. I have formated my Hardisk and tried to install Vista nothing happens. I cants see bios or nothing.

Please help me. I think Its bios failur but dot know what to do.

ATI Graphic Card is new .

This problem also having some other guys

Please read

After this I have Formatted my harddisk. but same problem, In Google I found this

http://web.telia.com/~u43311424/crisis-recovery-disk/

or

http://www.theeldergeek.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21209

But Nothing is working. I can see that laptop is reading the bios file from the USP Floppy Disk. after this same result.

Abhishek

• 3 weeks later...

Hello !! Whats up ?

I have samo laptop than is yours (Acer Aspire 5710G , C2D , ... etc ) and recently exchanged my video card hd 2300 mob TO HD 3650 mobility GDDR3 256MB and my problem when I open my Bios (F2) I see the VGA BIOS VERSION : Nvidia G7BR28354 .

I Thing is f.... Funny !! What about whats the problem ?? Probebly I need to upgrade my bios ?? And what do u see is on your bios ???

DEF!

• 6 months later...
Guest g-zs

Hi there,

I've got problem with my Compal FL90. My gf8600m burned, so I changed it with Ati 3650 DDR2, 512. When I'm in BIOS, in graphic card section is 256, not 512 (GPU-Z show DDR2 512).

But second problem is my nightmare: i can't start my laptop without external display. Laptop starts as usual, but without it i can't see anything (i just hear sounds). It's annoying, because it's laptop, i don't wont to use it with any other monitor than this one i have. I sometimes need to take it to work and i can't start it. If I want to use my dedicated laptop-screen, I've got difficult way: I need to start windows with my old Iyama monitor, next uninstal and install ati drivers (i've got newest drivers for win7), then change resolution and restart comupter. After this all things i can run it on dedicated display. I've flashed this card with BIOS form user triturbo (but i just flashed, didn't reinstall windows). Do You have any idea what else should I do to use my laptop in ordinary way?

Thank and sorry for my language, I'm Pole :)

• 1 month later...

how did you guys sort out the cooling? Do I need to cool the ram chips or can they just be exposed?

• 2 months later...
Guest bocchama