LaptopVideo2Go Forums

need a great drivers for geforce 4 4200 go on d800

all the latest drivers seems to get a problem with ge force 4 4200 go on d800.

So when screen shut down, in sleeping mode for exemple, the screen display become white with stripes and pixel ! :P

i test all 53.xx drivers with all pieter inf! :P

please pieter, find a guy who has a d800 with geforce 4 4200 go 64mo an dtry to make a very good inf ! :)

I think that 53.xx and 52.xx drivers aren't be great for this graphic card! :(

45 .91 is the latest drivers which work great for me! :(

I hope that there will be a new driver like 54.xx very soon! :)

have you got any information about that? someone can help me to find how fix the problem?

I think it's a probleme of powering , isn't it? perhaps can i modifie register to fix that? (sorry for my poor english, but i'm a french guy , and french people are very late about learning language! lol

2 things to try.

I've just released 47.91

or

try my v13.00 INF for 53.04.

Best t I can do for now,

Pieter.

i find 47.12, i think that you talk about thi sdrivers!

i just try 47.12 drivers with pieter inf, a all seems to be ok!

so i deduce that, geforce go need special drivers which are different than others! :)

Yes that's right 47.12, don't know what happened there.

Don't know why your machine doesn't like 5x.xx drivers, all other GPU's at least work with them but might have other problems.

At the moment be happy with 47.12, their the latest 4x.xx drivers.

hopefully soon there will be a proper mobile 5x.xx driver, as the go5700 isn't supported in 47.12 but is in 53.04.

Anyway, there isn't much I can do for now, my v13.00 INF is so simplyfied that there is nothing more I can take out.

Pieter.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ZobLord

Pieter, i found out that I must disable Sideband Adressing if I want your last modified inf (53.06 v20.00) to work with my Geforce4 4200 Go (Dell Inspiron 8500)

Hope this helps

Thx for your great work !

Cheers for that Zoblord,

I might just disable that in 20.03 , it can cause instabilty (as you can vouch for)

Keep the suggestions coming, It's easy to adjust future INFs with any fixes found by you guys.

Pieter.

I'll release 20.03 tonight with it disabled, plus some other goodies for those with external monitors.

Pieter.