LaptopVideo2Go Forums

nVIDIA MCP67M(GeForce 7150M/nForce 630M)

Animagus

hi,

i have an hp pavilion dv6602au with this integrated card n i m a gamer :) (contrast).....but this thing is not too bad at all(as i have read in many reviews).i can play dmc4 very smoothly at 640*480(20-30 fps) n even cod4..(same resolution)....i jst wntd 2 know is there any posibility of upgrading a laptop video card?is there n e ext. video card 4 laptops????n wats d best driver for my card

thanks in advance.....

hi,

i have an hp pavilion dv6602au with this integrated card n i m a gamer :) (contrast).....but this thing is not too bad at all(as i have read in many reviews).i can play dmc4 very smoothly at 640*480(20-30 fps) n even cod4..(same resolution)....i jst wntd 2 know is there any posibility of upgrading a laptop video card?is there n e ext. video card 4 laptops????n wats d best driver for my card

thanks in advance.....

Sorry, the only possible upgrade for your video card is a motherboard replacement. Driver v177.98 with the Whitetigerx HP/Compaq inf. is a good performer....the best I have tried.

hi,

i jst wntd 2 know is there any posibility of upgrading a laptop video card?is there n e ext. video card 4 laptops????

There are a few external mobile videocards. They come in a box with a separate power supply, and they connect to your lappy through the ExpressCard slot. However, they tend to be slower, though, because ExpressCard is only PCIE x1, where internal cards are x16 (This might not effect your system, though, because you already have a low-end integrated card). Also, the external videocard would require an external monitor to work. Lastly, if you run Vista, then buying and Nvidia external card would be an absolute must, because Vista only works right if all videocards use the same driver.

Guest Chris Davidson

I have the same video card and computer and I really need to get some advice on my driver for it as I am getting max frame rate of 9 in WOW. I have seen other people with the same laptop get as much as 40fps. Your specs say you overclock too. I really need some help anything would be very much appreciated!

I have the same video card and computer and I really need to get some advice on my driver for it as I am getting max frame rate of 9 in WOW. I have seen other people with the same laptop get as much as 40fps. Your specs say you overclock too. I really need some help anything would be very much appreciated!

first of all download and install all the lastest updates for your os.download the latest hp drivers from www.hp.com.

if u r having an amd processer,try installing amd's dual core optimizer.upgrade your forceware driver.

now about overclocking-i made a tweak in registry settings which made my lap usable in vista.......the tweak forces the gpu to run at max 425mhz.thats all........n yes your vram should be set to 128 mb in bios.

this is the tweak....

On Vista change the registry key PerfLevelSrc from x'3333' to x'3322' with regedit. This forces the GPU to run at max when plugged in.

x'2222' will keep GPU at max on batteries or mains.

The registry key is found in:

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contr ol\Video\{**unique to you for nvidia**}\0000\PerfLevelSrc

• 1 month later...
Guest Desperate

hey i have an nvidia 7000m and once i plug in the address for the registry key making (contr ol) 1 word of course the window still tells me it cant find the location, can you please help out? thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

hi i have a hp dv600 series and i want a little more performance to play games, i know i dont have the best video card to play (GeForce 7150M/nForce 630M) but i have a problem with drivers of these site i instal it and restart and appear a blue screen with many letters i konw it is a error screen an my computer restart again and again etc, i have to enter in safe mode and roll back to my old driver to fix the problem please i need help , sorry i dont speack english very well

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

supposing u al r vista users i would request all of u to downgrade to xp if u want to pull out the performance out of our card.......it works pretty lame in vista(no surprise)

if u r ready to do this then leave a comment....coz there is no point in keeping vista 4 this specific card(u cannot change ur card)....i hv downgraded n m really satisfied.

That's true. I have heard many people with this card or the 7000m noticing performance gains when using xp as a pose to vista.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest bonkeymone@gmail.com

I'm running the same video card, a geforce 7150m with the 630 as well. I've tried to switch over to xp before but my issue was that after i had everything installed my chipset wouldnt support any sort of internet use. and then i was given even more problems looking for any sort of drivers that could be even near compatible so i went to linux and i wasn't satisfied. and now im back at widows shitsta ultimate 32 bit. so basically i was stuck into a corner with this laptop.

btw this banana thing is awesome. :)

e-mail me with any ideas commentary or questions. bonkeymone@gmail.com

I'm running the same video card, a geforce 7150m with the 630 as well. I've tried to switch over to xp before but my issue was that after i had everything installed my chipset wouldnt support any sort of internet use. and then i was given even more problems looking for any sort of drivers that could be even near compatible so i went to linux and i wasn't satisfied. and now im back at widows shitsta ultimate 32 bit. so basically i was stuck into a corner with this laptop.

:)

download drivers from here n check out d awesome xp expierence(i know win Shitsta sucks big time :) )

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...product=3224052

Animagus, what video driver are you currently using?

• 5 weeks later...

Animagus, what video driver are you currently using?

Forceware 167.58 xp its d best i hv tried.