LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Acer aspire 7520g graphics problem.

Made

Hey.

I've got an Acer Aspire 7520g

AMD turion 1.9ghz dualcore - 3gb ram - Nvidia Geforce 8400M G Turbocache - Vista home 32bit with SP1.

I've just reset it, reinstalled everything - and i'm having problems with the graphics. I installed the Nvidia Chipset driver from Acer's download site (Chipset_nVidia_V1311.Vista_SP1)

but it's not working as an actual driver. I installed the "VGA(Roll back)_nVidia_V7.15.11.6749(WHQL)_Vista_SP1" From their site aswel, as i was told to when i called their support - but it caused spontanious crashes (just turning off instantly - like pulling out the plug), So i uninstalled that again.

That is the Nvidia related drivers there's to be found on acer's site for this graphics card - so i'm lost now. I tried taking a look at Nvidia's site aswell, but they don't have a driver for this specific card.

I've tried the newest driver from this website, but still got ALOOOOOT of lag, in a game like World of Warcraft, even on lowest settings.

This is the 2nd time i've formatted it and reinstalled, and i haven't installed a driver from this site yet after the latest reset - so what do you guys reckon i'm gonna have to do, to make it run smooth like a baby's behind?

It might be worth mentioning that - (i'm trying to translate from danish) at the app in Vista where you've got an overview of all the hardware and drivers, the graphicscard has a little yellow "!" and it says that it can't find enough resources. I'm wondering if i'm having a hardware failure or?

Ask if there's anything you wanna know please :)

Regards and thanks in advance - Søren Made

Got a little update : I don't see the yellow "!" at the GFX anymore, it says that the unit is working correctly. I just tried to log on WoW to test, and it's got HUUUGE lags still, around 2.5fps i reckon. I've tried solving problems like this with and updated driver before - but i've got really no idea where to start right now.

Hey.

I've got an Acer Aspire 7520g

AMD turion 1.9ghz dualcore - 3gb ram - Nvidia Geforce 8400M G Turbocache - Vista home 32bit with SP1.

I've just reset it, reinstalled everything - and i'm having problems with the graphics. I installed the Nvidia Chipset driver from Acer's download site (Chipset_nVidia_V1311.Vista_SP1)

but it's not working as an actual driver. I installed the "VGA(Roll back)_nVidia_V7.15.11.6749(WHQL)_Vista_SP1" From their site aswel, as i was told to when i called their support - but it caused spontanious crashes (just turning off instantly - like pulling out the plug), So i uninstalled that again.

That is the Nvidia related drivers there's to be found on acer's site for this graphics card - so i'm lost now. I tried taking a look at Nvidia's site aswell, but they don't have a driver for this specific card.

I've tried the newest driver from this website, but still got ALOOOOOT of lag, in a game like World of Warcraft, even on lowest settings.

This is the 2nd time i've formatted it and reinstalled, and i haven't installed a driver from this site yet after the latest reset - so what do you guys reckon i'm gonna have to do, to make it run smooth like a baby's behind?

It might be worth mentioning that - (i'm trying to translate from danish) at the app in Vista where you've got an overview of all the hardware and drivers, the graphicscard has a little yellow "!" and it says that it can't find enough resources. I'm wondering if i'm having a hardware failure or?

Ask if there's anything you wanna know please :)

Regards and thanks in advance - Søren Made

Got a little update : I don't see the yellow "!" at the GFX anymore, it says that the unit is working correctly. I just tried to log on WoW to test, and it's got HUUUGE lags still, around 2.5fps i reckon. I've tried solving problems like this with and updated driver before - but i've got really no idea where to start right now.

All acer product has a backup image on a hidden partiton wich will load factory image.To do so you need to reboot your sys hit alt & f10 at the same time that will launch acer recovery,select hd to hd back up follow the instruction & u done your sys is back as if you just bought it

good luck.

• 4 months later...

Hey Soren Made,

I'm having graphical problems too when i'm in a game.

I saw your last message was in September, have you fixed it already?

I hope so, and if you did, could you please help me solving it?

Thanks in advance

Kwinto