LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GPU heat hell or hell?

Resgaiden

Hello, i have owned this laptop for few weeks now and i have had great time with it. Games run smoothly with nice hardware and power. But i noticed a BIG flaw in all this beauty. When i played Call of Juarez demo, i noticed that the game dropped to literally 1 frame a second. I tried if the laptop was running how and, well it was. I checked the heat with program HWMonitor and damn, GPU was running at a heat that i had never seen: 96 C at maximum. I looked up for tips online and found out that rising the back of the laptop could help. Now im curently having a TV controller rising the laptop and heat has been now at 95 C at max. I don't know if this was the problem since the CPU was also running pretty hot. I don't remember anymore how hot, but i tried the undervolting guide here and how an great decrease of 6 C. I have not had any slowdowns on games now, but i want to hear your thoughts on this.

HOLY S#@T - My thoughts.

Edited by Frost206

96C, my god, my GPU never exceeds 82C even when doing ridiculously stupid stuff like putting crysis all very high and AA to max at 1680x1050 and watch it crawl at 4 fps. lol.

I hate to say this but, maybe fault GPU?.. If not. Ur CPU's may be adding heat, when you play with ur laptop. Plug it in, because playing on battery is less performance and more heat. Also, dont play on carpet, get 2 books put one under the left side, one under the right, and allowing airflow through the middle. I find that the best or at least just play on a hard surface.

And 1 more thing, is like like 40C were you live, cuz the ambient temperature of the room can really also contribute.

Edited by MonkeyMhz

Well, i have been watching over GPU heat more now and it has been at 91C when playing heavy games like crysis. I absolutely don't know what could have lowered the heat. I have the laptop running plugged all the time so that doesn't change anything. The laptop is on flat desk , but i guess i could try to rise it up a little to see a little lower heats.