LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Is this a graphic card problem?

Guest Maarten Keizer

Guest Maarten Keizer

Hello,

recently my laptop gave up on me. It's an Acer Aspire 5650 WLMi and one day it was in standby mode. I wanted to take it downstairs so unplugged the power and usb cables(nothing important was running) and then the screen stayed black.

I turned it off and on again and still nothing apearred on my screen.(The backlight would work for like 10 seconds and then it's goes off).

So I connected an extern monitor and tried to get into save modus.

On the extern monitor I do get a visual but it is distorted.

the weird part is that If I remove my video drivers it can boot to windows without any problems. (still no visuals on my laptop screen)

And when I install the drivers it just shuts down the backlight and goes into zombie mode.

So can you help me and tell me if this is videocard related or motherboard related and if it is videocard related I really wanna know if the Geforce G0 7600 in it is MXM enabled.

Ive done my research but I can't find anything that answers my questions.

Kind regards,

Maarten

I had a problem similar to this on my fiances HP DV6258SE. I sent it in because it was still under warranty. It was the heating plate and something else that was bad.

Guest Maarten Keizer

Mine isn't under warrenty anymore(not that it matters with acer, crappy service) but was it the heating ono the video card or on the motherboard, I need to find out if I have to replace the graphic card or the whole motherboard

Ill check the repair sheet.

Well I cant find the sheet. Ill try to get ahold of HP and see if they can find it out.