LaptopVideo2Go Forums

WoW FPS Problems

Singh

Hey There,

I just reformatted my Comp and installed xp again on it, and I finally got around to reinstalling WoW and I've noticed something strange.

It seems that my FPS is locked in at 50 fps and can't go higher. I realize this is because of vertial sync, however before my reformat it used to be 60 fps on Vsync. I tried 3 different video card drivers, but to no avail. Anyone know why I am missing 10 FPS, did I not install something properly? or is there a setting I have to change?

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated!

Guest jjrivera
Hey There,

I just reformatted my Comp and installed xp again on it, and I finally got around to reinstalling WoW and I've noticed something strange.

It seems that my FPS is locked in at 50 fps and can't go higher. I realize this is because of vertial sync, however before my reformat it used to be 60 fps on Vsync. I tried 3 different video card drivers, but to no avail. Anyone know why I am missing 10 FPS, did I not install something properly? or is there a setting I have to change?

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated!

By any chance is the monitor refresh rate set to 50hz?

No i had the same problem too look, in the nvidia systemcontroll that is called battery or energie thing.

there you can change the settings. i can't really explain that, cuz the option is missing in my system controll.

Hope you understand what i mean.

No i had the same problem too look, in the nvidia systemcontroll that is called battery or energie thing.

there you can change the settings. i can't really explain that, cuz the option is missing in my system controll.

Hope you understand what i mean.

Some drivers do not have this option. If yours does not, you can look in the INF before you install the driver and change the value of "lvds_reduce_freq" from 1 to 0.