LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Apple MacBook PRO Wireless Card 802.11n AR5BXB72

imix

i got this card for my HP DV9000 laptop, so that i can use it with OSX. however i cant seem to get it to work on windows XP. is there a specific driver for windows? i tried the Atheros drivers from here and no luck. a few drivers detects the card but wont scan for the signal. can anyone point me towards the right direction? thanks

I am not sure, but I think the Apple cards are Broadcom-based. Are you running OSx86 on your PC?

• 6 months later...

Hi all!

I just bought the same card (AR5BXB72) to replace my 3945ABG in my Vaio FE41S, and am unable to make it work under Vista X86.

I have tried many modded drivers, but always get the same result as imix : the card is fully recognised and supposedly works, but i get no wifi signal, and the led is off.

The card works, I am sure of that, as it is working perfectly under Win 7, with the led, and at 300Mb/s, and somewhat correctly under Ubuntu (it drops the signal ramdomly and does not display the correct speed...).

I don't use a modded driver in Seven, since it recognized my adapter instantly and made it work wonderfully. I thought i would try the built in drivers from Seven on Vista, but since i use a X64 version of Seven, this is a no go.

I am thinking it may be an incompatible software from Sony, but i tried disabling the "Sony wireless switch", which is in charge of enabling the 5GHZ on the 3945 (and off course is no longer working with this atheros adapter), but it didn't make any change.

I also tried to find a Service from Sony that may be interferring with the wifi, but without any luck...

Do any of you have an idea?

Imix, did you find a solution?

You've tried the uninstall driver then update automatically (let vista find a driver) ?

I did try the windows update driver.

Windows update installs driver 7.6.0.164 I think.

But it did exactly the same : no wifi signal... :s

I will try again uninstalling first the driver, and mill let you know if it changes anything.

Thanks!

It works!

I finally uninstalled the "Sony wireless switch", and after restart, the led switched on, and i was detecting wireless networks!

For the record, i extracted the drivers from Windows Seven, I was going to try them, but my wifi worked right after booting Vista.

I still tried them on Vista, and they worked also perfectly.

Version is 2.0.0.70, X86 and X64, extracted from Windows Seven build 7068.

Dated : 3rd March 2009

Atheros_2.0.0.70.rar

Cool will start another thread with Win7 drivers.

Just downloaded build 7077, must check it out to see what it has.