LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v178.13 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

Guest PresenceOfMind

I finally have replaced my official dell driver for a LaptopToGo 178.13 driver on my M1730 (Geforce 8800MGTX SLI ).

It is awesome. Very good performance. No graphics failures or artefacts.

No restarting when changing video settings.

And It feels like running at lower temperature with everything on max.

WOW perfect, Crysis rocks, Perfect World on MAX, Battlefield Vietnam and Battlefield2 spot on. Bioshock show (this is the best game ever).

Excelente job guys.

BTW I had to modify the INF file to get this installed.

One last thing. Is it better to keep the Powermizer on or off? Safer? Best performance?

Welldone :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• orion_350

• P.J

• wulfe

• darkwatch

Hi

I don't know why but nvidia system tool doesn't work, and I don't have power mizer..any solution?

I have almost the same system as you, and i have no having the scroll lag in any of these driver? try to turn off the aeros

But I've WSXGA+ !!!

Hi

I don't know why but nvidia system tool doesn't work, and I don't have power mizer..any solution?

I finally replaced my OEM driver on my notebook with this 178.13 and I am very happy with the results, for the most part. As far as the System tool; I was never able to get that to run with the OEM driver, but last night I installed System Tool with this driver and it WORKS! So, I am lost why it won't work for someone else. I am having one problem with this driver, it 'seems' that my desktop applications (IE, Explorer, etc..) run slower and my boot is slower too. Other than that, this driver is a great improvement over the 174.25 OEM driver that HP has on thier web site.

Thanks!

Once again, no problems... everything is there and everything is working :)

Can't really see much of an increase in performance but nonetheless it's nothing to complain about

I got a strange problem with this driver, when I OC my gpu core clock to 588-620, the hardware monitoring graph (rivatuner) shows that the clock speed is 648 while I'm playing a game. I have a 1520 with a 8600m gt. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it?

Guest guestttt
I got a strange problem with this driver, when I OC my gpu core clock to 588-620, the hardware monitoring graph (rivatuner) shows that the clock speed is 648 while I'm playing a game. I have a 1520 with a 8600m gt. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it?

All you who use 178.13 should install 178.15, cuz there is an instrumentation bug in 178.13...

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys, but I'm stupid russian man:(

I have Asus G2S (Vista32), with GeForce 8600m GT 256mb...

I wanna update drivers and i read that the most suitable is 178.13, and i know that you must have modded inf, but i don't know how create(do?) this modded inf.

Please, can you do this modded inf for me and for my Asus G2S, or post picture how do it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...