LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce "8200M G" Driver Needed for XP

Rpak

Guest Guest

Seams I finally managed to downgrade to my G60-123CL XP successfully. The biggest problems were Atheros AR5009 Wireless and nVidia Video drivers. Initially I used generic nVidia 8200 driver, but after restarting the laptop, screen resolution would sometimes reset to the lowest for now reason. That was fixed when I downloaded driver for 8200M from nVidia web site. They now have a section that has drivers for laptop video cards. The version of the driver is 179.48. For the wireless I initially used Atheros WLAN driver version 2.00B available from HP, but at random the driver would fail to start up. And it would not detect any networks unless I changed at least one advanced parameter (for example Scan interval). That was fixed after I downloaded Atheros WLAN 7.6.1.210 driver available on Samsung web site. Also I had to manually force and install AR9280 driver instead of the AR5009.

Looks like finally everything is working now.

• 1 month later...
Guest DrFox

Hii...

I have a Notebook HP G60-228CA but Im change the XP Profsionel . I haven't XP Divers.

Ethernt

HD Audio

VGA and other

Pls help me ¿

Thanks all good day ... :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have tried ForceWare Driver from this Site, Nothing worked. I have CQ50-109CA (Compaq Laptop). I got all the Drivers except the Display Driver which is NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G. HP website has Drivers for Vista, but not for XP Professional. Need Help :)

• 1 month later...

Hello Rpak,

I have the same laptop, is it possible for you to zip the drivers or let me know where to get them so ican run XP properly, my email is xameleon13@yahoo.com, regarding video driver try this:

Go and download this driver packet:

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/GRAPHICS-...WHQL-XP32.shtml

Run the install, it will say no compatable driver is detected.

Go to device manager and right click unknown vga device, update driver.

Dont have it auto search.

Select dont search, i will choose the driver.

Select Display adapters, choose the have disk button.

Have it point to C:\nvidia\Win2k\178.24\English\nv4_disp

It will give you a list of models, there are 2 geforce 8200's in the list. Click the first one in the list and hit next/ok or whatever.

It will give you the continue anyway option, proceed thru it.

Reboot computer and voila, success.

thanks dude it worked even in my 120us-G60 laptop specially i enterend this forum to thank you

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guyuseful@yahoo.com

I have tried ForceWare Driver from this Site, Nothing worked. I have CQ50-109CA (Compaq Laptop). I got all the Drivers except the Display Driver which is NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G. HP website has Drivers for Vista, but not for XP Professional. Need Help :)

download this from nvidia.com NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\195.62\WinXP\International it work 100% display driver

• 4 weeks later...

I got the same error. I don't get the prompt that says "Warning: Driver has not passed Windows XP Logo Testing" so I can't click "Continue Anyway" and otherwise, I checked the "Driver Signing" option in the Hardware tab of the System properties, and I tried the settings on "Ask Each Time" and on "Ignore" and it didn't work either time. :) Please help, and let me know if you need screens or a vid to show exactly what my problem is.

To clarify:

I have a CQ50-215NR laptop. It has an nVidia Geforce 8200M G card. I installed WinXP Pro SP2 and managed to get everything working except for the graphics card. I tried SP3 and numerous drivers, and nothing's working so far. Thanks in advance for any advice/solutions you might have to share. =p

Edit: Also, yes, I did use the modified INF.

• 3 months later...
Guest asghar

Hello Rpak,

I have the same laptop, is it possible for you to zip the drivers or let me know where to get them so ican run XP properly, my email is xameleon13@yahoo.com, regarding video driver try this:

Go and download this driver packet:

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/GRAPHICS-...WHQL-XP32.shtml

Run the install, it will say no compatable driver is detected.

Go to device manager and right click unknown vga device, update driver.

Dont have it auto search.

Select dont search, i will choose the driver.

Select Display adapters, choose the have disk button.

Have it point to C:\nvidia\Win2k\178.24\English\nv4_disp

It will give you a list of models, there are 2 geforce 8200's in the list. Click the first one in the list and hit next/ok or whatever.

It will give you the continue anyway option, proceed thru it.

Reboot computer and voila, success.

tank you very very much

this way works in hp g 60 243 cl

mekhsi