LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Latest driver needed

xKelevrax

Ok, I'm a noob here and I want some guidance as to not screw up my computer any more than I have in the past! lol

Ok, so I play WoW and I've gotten the Infamous NV4_disp.dll Infinate loop error BSOD. I redid my entire system via factory restore disks (recommended by HP) and I still have the problem. At this point I am slightly ticked but ok. All I would like to know is what driver WILL eliminate this problem once and for all and run WoW adequately and or the latest driver.

System info:

Manufacturer: HP

Model: Pavilion dv6000

Ram: 1gb

GFX card: Nvidia Geforce go 6150

If I can't get a specific driver then please link me to a list of drivers that will work.

If more info is needed then I will post on request.

Please help me out

Ok, I'm a noob here and I want some guidance as to not screw up my computer any more than I have in the past! lol

Ok, so I play WoW and I've gotten the Infamous NV4_disp.dll Infinate loop error BSOD. I redid my entire system via factory restore disks (recommended by HP) and I still have the problem. At this point I am slightly ticked but ok. All I would like to know is what driver WILL eliminate this problem once and for all and run WoW adequately and or the latest driver.

System info:

Manufacturer: HP

Model: Pavilion dv6000

Ram: 1gb

GFX card: Nvidia Geforce go 6150

If I can't get a specific driver then please link me to a list of drivers that will work.

If more info is needed then I will post on request.

Please help me out

Have you tried downloading the latest video drivers? V 178.13 from this very site ? and installing them by simply unpacking the drivers after downloading them and copying the modded inf into the unpacked file folder ? (on the question overwrite existing file say yes)

and afterwards running the setup.exe from the folder you just extracted the files into ?

Try that, and see if the error remains with the latest drivers.

If all else fails, try the drivers you can get off the HP support/downloads website.

Greetz,

Thurin

:)

Have you tried downloading the latest video drivers? V 178.13 from this very site ? and installing them by simply unpacking the drivers after downloading them and copying the modded inf into the unpacked file folder ? (on the question overwrite existing file say yes)

and afterwards running the setup.exe from the folder you just extracted the files into ?

Try that, and see if the error remains with the latest drivers.

If all else fails, try the drivers you can get off the HP support/downloads website.

Greetz,

Thurin

:)

Ok. well I tried the 'latest' driver and it messed up when playing wow (Screen resolution messed up and colors became distorted) I found the drivers were in th e desktop section. I have a laptop. can someone direct me to the RIGHT drivers that will work with an HP with Windows XP MCE

It doesn't matter if it is in the desktop section. However, you should try 177.92 with the modded inf. Install them the right way (safe mode, uninstall, driver sweeper, then install driver.) Good luck.