LaptopVideo2Go Forums

drivers for HP Pavilion dv9750EJ

tomchook

hello,

I bought recently the dv9750EJ laptop of HP, and it seems that the GPU reach quit often to 70C, thus increasing the fan and makes lots of noise..

I know it's a known issue, but I thought that new drivers would solve it. I went to NVIDIA website, but they mentioned I should download directly from the HP website, and at the HP website, the drivers are the same version as what I have.

That's why I thought to use one of your releases. Which one should suit me better?

Thanks!

Tom

70C is not really anything to worry about. Thats the optimum temperature. If these are your idle temps it is quite high for idling but it won't damage anything. Good temp for gaming.

The drivers from this site are better for my HP, more performance but it might be different for yours!

Actually one of the most annoying problem is that the videos are sort of flicking. my laptop screen is 17 inch, and i'm running vista, and whenever I watch an xvid movie, on the fast scenes it looks like some part of the screen is splitting. i think i didn't choose the right words to describe it, but generally it feels that my 4 years old laptop with 15 inch screen, can load better xvid videos...

What could be the problem?