LaptopVideo2Go Forums

is there a way to upgrade my x1400 on E1505

animeniac

Hey guys, i am wondering if any1 actually ever upgrade their dell E1505 laptop. i am pissed and kinda regret getting inspiron instead of xps. So here is my problem, when i bought they said that x1400 is a decent card. the 1st time i got it like last year, i already figured out that x1400 suck but after a year and after a lot of new games, it become even worst. so i am wondering if i can upgrade my laptop graphic. will 8600M GT fit into my laptop? or is there any other option to replace this sucky x1400. what an ATI model which perform at level 8600M GT? thanks in advance.

oh i heard that 8600M has some heat issue that laptop manufacturer put a bios upgrade that make the fan goes on more often, since my laptop(E1505) isnt meant for 8600M. and then what?

Edited by animeniac

Nope. My mom has one of those, and there is no way to upgrade the graphics. Sorry.

how about upgrading ram to 4gb? is it possible on E1505? my current ram is 2gb. i am running vista and i think i kinda need more than 2gb. my processor is core2duo T7200. can u explain to me why no graphic upgrade is possible on E1505? thanks

• 2 weeks later...
how about upgrading ram to 4gb? is it possible on E1505? my current ram is 2gb. i am running vista and i think i kinda need more than 2gb. my processor is core2duo T7200. can u explain to me why no graphic upgrade is possible on E1505? thanks

There was a video card that WAS compatible with the E1505 (I looked into for mine about 8 months ago). However Dell removed the model from their site, so you can Google away, but make sure there are multiple sources that agree that it will fit. Laptops are EXTREMELY compact, I have taken apart a couple to repair them and if it wasn't designed for that model it will not fit. I would recomend getting the 4 gigs of RAM, it will increase performance. I did that for school (running 3 virtual machines, and then my host XP would eat all of my 2 gigs) and I noticed a huge differance. I can open a game (C&C Renegade :) )and hit my Windows key and within a second and a half I have my desktop back. That is amazing considering it took 4 or 5 before the upgrade. If you want to make your computer a whole new machine my advice would be to spend 200 bucks and upgrade the ram and hard drive.

I just did, and its amazing. I bought 4 gigs of ram (75 bucks) and a 320 gig 7200rpm (110 bucks) which is faster hd than most. This makes this computer amazing, space, speed, and most of all - I still have all my data, programs, documents, etc.

There was a video card that WAS compatible with the E1505 (I looked into for mine about 8 months ago). However Dell removed the model from their site, so you can Google away, but make sure there are multiple sources that agree that it will fit. Laptops are EXTREMELY compact, I have taken apart a couple to repair them and if it wasn't designed for that model it will not fit. I would recomend getting the 4 gigs of RAM, it will increase performance. I did that for school (running 3 virtual machines, and then my host XP would eat all of my 2 gigs) and I noticed a huge differance. I can open a game (C&C Renegade :) )and hit my Windows key and within a second and a half I have my desktop back. That is amazing considering it took 4 or 5 before the upgrade. If you want to make your computer a whole new machine my advice would be to spend 200 bucks and upgrade the ram and hard drive.

I just did, and its amazing. I bought 4 gigs of ram (75 bucks) and a 320 gig 7200rpm (110 bucks) which is faster hd than most. This makes this computer amazing, space, speed, and most of all - I still have all my data, programs, documents, etc.

Oh and the video card was around 100 bucks alone. It didn't offer any more dedicated VRam, just a faster gpu...

I did some digging, here looks like somone that knows what they are saying... However, do not just go spend the money without doing at least 3 hours of research to make sure it fits, and there are vista drivers out there for it... If you want the quote there it is, I got it from the link below:

"VIDEO CARDS AVAILABLE FOR THE E1505: (as of 7/9/2006)

ATI X1300 (128 meg)

ATI X1400 (256 meg)

Nvidia Geforce Go 7300 (256 meg)

NOTE - the x1300 and x1400 are the exact same card except for the amout of ram on board"

To me Nvidia

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=64044

Also at the link below, I read that athe X1400 is better than the Nvidia (which is my opinion too) so I wouldn't go out to do the upgrade if I were you....

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=73098