LaptopVideo2Go Forums

geforce 7300LE >> quadro FX 350 won't wake up from hibernation

maumau

hello everyone.

i finally got the time and guts to use the riva tuner on my geforce 7300 and soft modded it into a quadro FX 350. my main reason for doing this is the heavy use of solidworks and 3dsmax, and i have to admit that there is a notable performance improvement on both programs while using the quadro fx.

i recently moved, and light shortages are quite abundant where i live now so, last night i bought myself a UPS which i hooked up to my pc and proceeded to test it with the hibernation setup.

well... first i had to install a MS patch cause i have 3GB of RAM, but my pc refuses to wake up if i have the quadro FX emulation on. however, if i turn it off, the pc will recover from hibernation perfectly while using the geforce 7300 le.

now i have to make 2 decisions:

do i keep the quadro settings and risk wasting 3 or more hrs of rendering just to wake up and find my pc off and not being able to recover from hibernation and lose the graphic improvment?

do i revert to the less fancy 7300 and find my work saved and recoverable cause my pc and my nobreak get along better that way?

has anyone found a way to overcome these hibernation problems? is there a previous forceware driver that works better under this situation? i've been reading a lot of posts in this forum, but so far, nothing definitive. have i missed something?

i am currently using 178.13 and i also found that turning on the pc while on quadro emulation doesn't lead to a succesful boot either, specially when OS is about to appear on the screen.

ANY ideas, suggestions, solutions will be MORE than welcome.

THANX!!!!

From the RIvaTuner FAQ, which i should have read before.

Q: My PC doesn't resume from S3/Suspend to RAM mode when I use NVStrap. Can you fix this bug?

A: The NVStrap driver is not compatible with S3/Suspend to RAM. It's not a bug, it is an implementation specific, caused by the NVStrap's stealth load-configure-terminate implementation, which will never be addressed.

From the RIvaTuner FAQ, which i should have read before.

Q: My PC doesn't resume from S3/Suspend to RAM mode when I use NVStrap. Can you fix this bug?

A: The NVStrap driver is not compatible with S3/Suspend to RAM. It's not a bug, it is an implementation specific, caused by the NVStrap's stealth load-configure-terminate implementation, which will never be addressed.

oothanks for the answer...so i guess there wont be any fix for this. another problem i came across is waking up from sleep mode

btw im doing the same thing with my 8600m GT -> 8600GTS and yea there is a slightt noticeable performance boost. i decided to keep the performanc eboost and just shut down / leave comptuer on and just work on speeding up my boot time.