LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v179.13 Windows Vista 32bit | Alienware

mobilenvidia

Just tried on my m17x 8800m GTX SLI , Blu-ray disks can not be read by Cyberlink PowerDVD 7 or 8 with this Driver...

Actually.. non of the drivers from laptopvideo2go works with my blu-ray...

only drivers i download from AW's site works... is there a fix to this? thanks...

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wook

• mobilenvidia

• zipper

• Andrew55

Guest Ambroise

Hi there,

First of all, congratulation to the develloper of this site I just discovered : it just rocks !

I red the informations about the modded inf and all was super clear so I upgraded the driver of my 9600M GT on my Acer 5930G.

The upgrade works and I'm now on 179.13, but the problem is that now it's impossible to read any Blu ray disc. I try to upgrade to the 177.98 and the same things happen. The only solution to play Blu ray is to downgrade my driver back to the original acer driver (version : 04/23/2008, 7.15.11.7561).

Do I miss something important somewhere ? Is there something more to install ?

Thanks for your help,

Ambroise

Wierd, this driver scores about 40 points less in 3dmark06 but i've tested the new one with Crysis Warhead, Spore and Far Cry and i get a noticeable performance boost

Good Driver :)

try a WHQL driver. one that does not require a modified inf file to be added.or if you want to use the same driver as you currently are use this:

download this file: http://www.driverheaven.net/frontpage/nvmo...netnvsetup3.zip

1: If you are using Windows XP, install .Net Framework (the program won't run without this).

2. Extract the driver to a folder. copy the modified inf file over like usual

3. Run Mobility Modder.NET nVidia Edition and browse to the driver folder. (will take 1 second)

4. Run the SETUP.EXE.

5. Wait until Install is finished and reboot. Enjoy the new drivers with Full HD playback!

The big thing for me is 178.13 doesn't allow flat panel scaling to be turned off - a pain in Mercs2 that doesn't support 1920x1200 (why?!), so the aspect ratio is wrong at 1920x1080. This newer 179.13 does. Big thanks to Pieters modded inf, it's working fine on my Clevo M570U with Go 7950 GTX.

Thanks for the inof guys. Anyone know why isn't the 8800MGTX isn't on the offical list of supported cards? Seems dubious.

Can I confirm then - since I have an alienware laptop I don't need the modded INF?

Cheers

Guest Ambroise

@WOOK : Thanks for your help. I followed your instruction and re-install the 179.13 with a inf modded by "Mobility Modder.net". The driver installation was ok, but sadly the blu ray keeps to be un-readable.

I try to install WHQL driver (178.13 and 177.98) but it's still the same. The only driver that actually works is the only one I found that didn't need a modded inf : the Acer OEM driver provided with my laptop : 175.61

I will try to find a driver that basically support the 9600M GT and keep you informed.

Thanks again,

Ambroise

Guest Ambroise

Ok, I found the latest driver made for the 9600M GT without modded inf, it's the 177.85 and the blu ray playback works with it.

It's still better than the original driver by Acer, but does anyone know why I can't read blu ray with the driver which need a modded inf ?

Thanks,

Ambroise

Ok, I found the latest driver made for the 9600M GT without modded inf, it's the 177.85 and the blu ray playback works with it.

It's still better than the original driver by Acer, but does anyone know why I can't read blu ray with the driver which need a modded inf ?

Thanks,

Ambroise

It's mostly due to the WHQL Certificate, I have a couple of games that if the drivers aren't WHQL the games won't run any of the pre-rendered cutscenes correctly or not at all.

What you have to do is find a driver set that the original INF that supports a version of your video card that is WHQL, you find that, then you can use a modded INF on that specific driver so that it'll install with no problems.

I'm in the process of downloading this now but thought I would post up a few comparisons with a couple of drivers I found on the US Alienware website as the UK one dosent seem to be supporting the M17X yet :)

Alienware M17X, 8800M GTX (SLI) @ native res of 1920x1200 using 3DMark06 free version on Vista Home Premium 32bit.

174.82 = 12416 3Dmarks (8800M GTX)

176.10beta = 12655 3Dmarks (8800M GTX)

178.13 = 12528 3Dmarks (using have disk method - 8800 GTX)

When I get 179.13 eventually downloaded (takes a while over satellite lol) I will post up what the differences is.

Update.......................................

179.13 = 12515 3dmarks

guess I will be rolling back to the 176beta then :)

Edited by markgixxer750

I have a Aleinware M15X with the 8800GTX, I did not use the modified .Inf file, but installed the driver as if I did via device manager, when it asked for what card I had I chose the 9800GT since it is the same. I have improvements over the 178.13 driver.

the resolution was different during the benchmark?

1280 x 854 vs 1280 x 720?

I really like these. No 2D clock. I prefer the low and high 3D to work automatically. Works great with my G2S. I never saw any cooler temps from the 2D clock and my usb audio interface got garbley sometimes with the clock changes. Don't have this issue anymore.

Thanks to everyone involved with this release. :)

I installed the 179.13 (Vista 32 bit) and got lower 3dmark scores with my 8800M GTX. I have an alienware m15x and installed by updating the driver through device manager and selecting 9800M GT. I couldn't unistall the old drivers first because then only the integrated GPU was listed under device manager. Could this be why I have lower performance? Did I install these incorrectly?

Still have the audio garble issue... why can't people make good drivers (maudio)? Realtek made a driver fix that solved that kind of issue with garble. I know it's linked to the powermizer stuff though. I just wish I could get it back to where power saving mode uses low 3d and performance uses the high 3d. It's starting to ###### me off quite a bit.

Good drivers though.

the resolution was different during the benchmark?

1280 x 854 vs 1280 x 720?

I used the default setting, and for some reason it would only let me chose a 16:10 ratio resolution, in fact every program is like that now.

Any inf file that has been modified stops windows authentication for bluray. this link as i put up will modify the modified inf file and make it work with HD/ bluray

download this file: http://www.driverheaven.net/frontpage/nvmo...netnvsetup3.zip

1: If you are using Windows XP, install .Net Framework (the program won't run without this).

2. Extract the driver to a folder. copy the modified inf file over like usual

3. Run Mobility Modder.NET nVidia Edition and browse to the driver folder. (will take 1 second)

4. Run the SETUP.EXE.

5. Wait until Install is finished and reboot. Enjoy the new drivers with Full HD playback!

the hotkeys Fn+f7 Fn+f8 don't work anymore .. they used to dim the screen brightness of my notebook ..

is there any fix for that issue

my laptop is hp pavilion dv6725ee with vista 32bit and geforce 8400m gs

Edited by bAsem

My Fn + F7 and F8 keys dont work either and also changing the power modes to power saver doesnt dim the screen brightness, so I am back to 178.13 or hp stock 175.86

Edited by hasham

Hi i just bought G50V, and it has Geforce 9700M GT

Where will i be able to get modded .inf file? and could someone possibly write down each step to take to install the latest driver T_T

Thank you in advance

Hi i just bought G50V, and it has Geforce 9700M GT

Where will i be able to get modded .inf file? and could someone possibly write down each step to take to install the latest driver T_T

Thank you in advance

Read the stickies. Here: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showforum=76

These were released by alienware. It's unlikely a 64-bit version to these will be released. You can try the 178.13 drivers. They are essentially the same.