• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wook

• mobilenvidia

• zipper

• Andrew55

Works great with my 8400M G. There's barely a boost in performance (about 10 3dmarks) but thanks to this driver RivaTuner finally recognizes my GPU. Thanks.

hmm in desktop color setting in cp i only got 4 settings now in erlier drivers i got 5.. anyone else who has this effect in the cp.... Alienware probeby just removed that feature.. still anyone else who see this in the cp???

It is image sharpening that is removed, i know 8600 does not support it but the option was there in erlier drivers, in this driver it is not. Can anyone confirm this? :)

Edited by infamy

I have installed these drivers and am generally pleased with them however I have found one problem. I can't save a custom settings profile for Warhammer Online. I make the profile and hit apply but once i close the panel it just disappears. Any have a suggestion on this one?

It is image sharpening that is removed, i know 8600 does not support it but the option was there in erlier drivers, in this driver it is not. Can anyone confirm this?

Isn't here either.

Hello all im new here and i havent a good knowledge about this stuff so can someone tell me if this driver will work on a Notebook Acer Aspire 5720ZG with a Nvidia 9300m G (yes version G not GS !! ) ??

If i understood right i need download the driver and the modded INF and replace it with the one that i find in the folder after exstraction...right ?

But how can i know if the modded INF support the 9300m G card? the original INF have only 9300 and 9300 GS :S

whats the difference between this driver called "Mobile" and the one called "Desktop" ? I can install also the driver for "desktop" on my notebook with the modded INF or i need always look for "mobile" version and use modded INF?

Can i know which version of that drivers give the best performance in games? i dont care about quality...And is possible overclock the Nvidia 9300m G? if yes with which software ?

I know i have many question but im new :) help me pls ^^ and sorry for my bad english, im italian

Edited by ivan86

On my XPS 1330 (8400M GS) the fan is VERY loud. I hear it spin for like 3-4 second, stop for half a second, spin again for 3-4 seconds..continuously. Never stops.

Anyone know what's going on? I didn't have this issue with 178.13.

Loud as in at full speed?

On my XPS 1330 (8400M GS) the fan is VERY loud. I hear it spin for like 3-4 second, stop for half a second, spin again for 3-4 seconds..continuously. Never stops.

Anyone know what's going on? I didn't have this issue with 178.13.

i have a 8400m gs too and the fan doesn't do that .. maybe it's some other issue .. fyi i have my laptop under volted .. if u didnt under volt yet u should really try it .. took my temps from 63 to 42 .. very effective .. just type undervolt in google u will find heaps of tutorials abou it :)

Hi !

I have installed this driver for my 8400M GS.

I can't read bluray anymore, powerdvd tels me that driver is incompatible, for not supporting HDCP..

Hi guys, I also have a 9500M GS 512 GDDR2 and yes the powermiezer steping in this driver no longer has 3 settings, but only 2 (275mhz clock, 199 memory) (475 clock, 399 memory) nTune.

This is for BOTH AC and DC. I however have powermeizer off on AC as its not really necessary on AC and can slow games.

I believe that it does not step down to the last steping (165 clock 199 memory) because it is an alienware driver and alienware (dell) want the alienware laptops to seem faster so they omit the last steping.

However doing my own tests, not having the third stepping really hasn't effected battery performance at all. So if anything this 2 stage stepping is a god send rather than waiting for it to crawl up from 3 to 2 to 1.

Just thought I'd jump on and share my 2 cents

how did you off your powermizer only in AC?

thx

Hello all im new here and i havent a good knowledge about this stuff so can someone tell me if this driver will work on a Notebook Acer Aspire 5720ZG with a Nvidia 9300m G (yes version G not GS !! ) ??

Yes, this driver will work on your notebook.

If i understood right i need download the driver and the modded INF and replace it with the one that i find in the folder after exstraction...right ?

Yup.

whats the difference between this driver called "Mobile" and the one called "Desktop" ? I can install also the driver for "desktop" on my notebook with the modded INF or i need always look for "mobile" version and use modded INF?

I'm not an expert either, but I'd suggest installing mobile versions. A desktop one will probably work for you but a mobile one is optimized for notebooks so it will work better, I guess.

Can i know which version of that drivers give the best performance in games? i dont care about quality...

Notebooks come in different configurations and if a driver works great for one guy with 9300 it's not said it would work great for another same guy. I guess you have to check for yourself. Generally different driver versions don't give you MEGA performance boost, you know, just a 1-2 FPS or 3dmarks more. I'd suggest just installing the newest driver. Although, sometimes a stock driver from your notebook developer (Acer in this case) gives you more performance than the newest drivers. Just run a benchmarking programme before and after installing another driver.

And is possible overclock the Nvidia 9300m G? if yes with which software ?

It should be. Dowload v179.13 driver and RivaTuner 2.11 and it should work.

Yes, this driver will work on your notebook.

Yup.

I'm not an expert either, but I'd suggest installing mobile versions. A desktop one will probably work for you but a mobile one is optimized for notebooks so it will work better, I guess.

Notebooks come in different configurations and if a driver works great for one guy with 9300 it's not said it would work great for another same guy. I guess you have to check for yourself. Generally different driver versions don't give you MEGA performance boost, you know, just a 1-2 FPS or 3dmarks more. I'd suggest just installing the newest driver. Although, sometimes a stock driver from your notebook developer (Acer in this case) gives you more performance than the newest drivers. Just run a benchmarking programme before and after installing another driver.

It should be. Dowload v179.13 driver and RivaTuner 2.11 and it should work.

Thx a lot for your help... I installed the driver 178.15 because many people on guru forum talked about how that version is the best as performance & stability atm..

I did few test and wow i got like +150 point in 3dmark 2005 and +6 / 7 fps in a online game.. Are stable and never got any problem yet !!

I downloaded the NvTray for unblock Nvidia panel and EVGA Precision + RivaTuner 2.11 for try overclock well nothing... in rivatuner i cannot see the window where up frequency and in EVGA when i increase example core speed after click apply everything back to normal.

I cannot overclock :) is a problem with 9300 card maybe ? any solution?

ty

No, it's the driver. Get 178.13 or 179.13.

No, it's the driver. Get 178.13 or 179.13.

i had the 178.13 before the 178.15 and was same thing... i couldnt overclock :)

I saw by google 9300m G overclock that also other people have this problem.. noone yet found a way to overclock that card :)

look like 9300m and 9500m are overclock lock

Edited by ivan86

Guest mchammer
I have installed these drivers and am generally pleased with them however I have found one problem. I can't save a custom settings profile for Warhammer Online. I make the profile and hit apply but once i close the panel it just disappears. Any have a suggestion on this one?

kill yourself

I've HP Pavilion dv2680ee with Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS will this(179.13) work with me and how is gaming performance for this driver please reply me I'm going to upgrade my driver

I recommend this driver.i am getting higher fps with World in conflict and Gears of War has stopped stuttering.I love this driver. I have been through driver hell which im sure a lot of u have.I have the Dell XPS1730 with the 8700m sli.

interesting driver...It just looks like 178.13......

Im getting better fps with World In Conflict and Gears has stopped stuttering. This driver has stood out from about 12 that i have tried.Its kinda buggy with vista but the payoff for these games is forgivable.i have dell xps1730 with the 8700sli

This driver does not like Stalker Clear Sky. In fact a lot of people besides me have had that problem. I went back to 175.32 which works OK.

Bob

Did you use the modded inf?