LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v179.13 Windows Vista 32bit | Alienware

mobilenvidia

This driver is perfect for me. The only problem I have is that it's only switching between 3d low perf and 3d high perf mode. It never goes to standard 2d mode even on battery.

Does anyone have any suggestion ?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wook

• mobilenvidia

• zipper

• Andrew55

This driver is perfect for me. The only problem I have is that it's only switching between 3d low perf and 3d high perf mode. It never goes to standard 2d mode even on battery.

Does anyone have any suggestion ?

We already discussed that because its Alienware, they probably purposely omitted the last stepping to force their hardware to perform faster. A suggestion if you you want the lowest setting, would be to use a previous driver?

I've scroll wheel lag problem in IE7 since 177.79 xD

If I turn off/on AERO, it'll disappear, but I should do it everytime I boot to vista !!!

<177.79 and 176.xx works fine !

Any solution ?

I've scroll wheel lag problem in IE7 since 177.79 xD

If I turn off/on AERO, it'll disappear, but I should do it everytime I boot to vista !!!

<177.79 and 176.xx works fine !

Any solution ?

Yes, use Opera :) :)

I have been using 174.74 for quite a while on my Sony Vaio VGN-AR550 and been pretty happy with it. This is primarly a HTPC machine for me. However, this driver blue-screens Vista on occasion so I thought I'd try something newer.

This driver seems fantastic from a stability and performance standpoint, but it ALWAYS scales the output down so when I look at it on my HDMI-connected HDTV I have a big black box around it. This never happens with 174.74. There don't appear to be any changes in the control panel that will fix this either (i.e. the desktop scaling buttons are greyed out).

Is there something I'm missing in the INF? I'd love to be able to use newer drivers, but I miss using my full screen.

try 178.24 inf by DOX. has some tweaks and he has also added resolutions. The tweaks may include HDMI output settings.

Tested and Approuved on my Alienware m15x with a 8700M GT !!! :)

It rocks ! I'm done with Alienware's downcloacked drivers !!! :P

Many thanks to the team ! :)

Tested and Approuved on my Alienware m15x with a 8700M GT !!! :)

It rocks ! I'm done with Alienware's downcloacked drivers !!! :P

Many thanks to the team ! :)

After downoloadind - cannot extract. Happened to anyone? Standard XP

After downoloadind - cannot extract. Happened to anyone? Standard XP

Name of this topic : v179.13 Vista 32bit

Maybe it's because of this :)

Actually this driver for me offers best performance in all my games but it is a little buggy. Resolution switches to 1680x1050 coming out of afk over night. Every time I leave computer on to download something, I move mouse and it comes back in 1680x1050 instead of 1920x1200.

Name of this topic : v179.13 Vista 32bit

Maybe it's because of this :)

Very smart - does the same in VISTA, that is why I tried on XP system.

Wow... this driver fixes nearly all of the problems I've had with different versions since... 97.46 haha!

I have a Dell Inspiron E1705 with Go 7900 GS, and Truemobile 360 bluetooth module. When I connected my BT mouse using the laptop's module, it would often disconnect, especially after UAC dialogs popped up. I did some searching, and read that Forceware drivers caused USB resets... apparently the BT module couldn't handle it well. Apparently 97.46 was the last driver that didn't have the problem... installed it, and fixed the problem. But the driver was so old, it wasn't a good solution.

Anyway, 179.13 seems to be the first driver since 97.46 to fix the USB reset issue! Also, PowerMizer (mostly) works... at least as well as 175xx drivers.

Test and approuved on my Asus X57Vn (Geforce 9650gt 1GbDDR2) ! :P

Old drivers :

Unreal tournament 3 :1024*768 Graphics options(the both) 1/5

Some lags

This drivers

Unreal tournament 3 :1440*900 Graphics options(the both)3/5

No lags many frags :)

Tanks to the team ! :)

Edited by GaD

Very smart - does the same in VISTA, that is why I tried on XP system.

lol, ok, didn't want to "hurt".

You can get it here : http://rapidshare.com/files/156099609/179.zip (Zip version :) )

Edited by BrItneY

All works but still no OCing allowed for me :/

I installed this driver and rebooted my laptop, but windows doesn't seem to recognize the driver!! When I check which driver my card now uses, there is still the name of my previous driver! Is this normal, or did I do something wrong?

Hello,

Will these be the best drivers for My XPS M1530? With the 8600m GT DDR3?

Many Thanks.

One of the best. Or 178.24; 180.43 is maybe still a little buggy, but might be worth testing

Guest Marucins

3D Mark 06

SM2.0 Sc: 2125

HDR/SM3.0 Sc: 1979

CPU Sc: 1935

XPS 1710

*Intel® Core?2 CPU T7600G @ 2.33GHz

*NVIDIA GeForce Go 7950 GTX (575/600 @ 570/595)

*2 x 2.0 GB 667.0 MHz

Windows Vista ? Business x86 (Version 6.0.6001) Service Pack 1 (v1.0)

DirectX 10.0 (4.09.00.0904)

What about the stuttering isius on this one?

the only driver without stuttering that i found is the 163.67 driver, but that has bad performance.