LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v179.13 Windows Vista 32bit | Alienware

mobilenvidia

Hi guys, I have a question. I just installed the driver through device manager > vga > nvida 8600m gt > driver disk > have disk > bla bla

To verify it was installed properly I went to nvidia cpanel and I see this:

panelwx3.jpg

It seems I have a mixture between 177.79 and 179.13 drivers. Is that correct? How do I get a full clean 179.13 installation?

In addiction, every time I update the driver with the release I found in this forum, I always get some strange behaviour: once I got strange color saturation in windows colors, often a strange scrolling lag in ff3/ie7.

Thanks

Edited by Paamayim

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wook

• mobilenvidia

• zipper

• mecengburak

Guest JChiang

Hello!... About these drivers for my XPS M1530 with 8600M GT, everyone says these are the best, but my problem is that when i install them, my energy modes get completly mess up and im not able to change from one to another. In spanish, modes are Alto rendimiento (bright monitor) and Economizador (not so bright). Any one knows how to fix this?. Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.

1.- What am I doing wrong ? I installed this driver on a Dell Inspiron 8200 with a GeForce2 Go 32 Mb Laptop with Vista 32bit and i'm getting a side black bar at 1280x1024 16 bit. Is there any way to fix this ?

2.- This laptop is old, Could an older driver work better?

Thanks in Advance,

PTk

PS. Bios ver. A11

I have severe issues with this driver. I'm using a Samsung E172 Dreja with a 9600GT. After installing this driver, Aero isn't available anymore and games refuse to start. I used the modded inf to install the driver. Did I do anything wrong?

Yes, use Opera :P :)

I've same problem with it :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

I´m having a problem with this driver. I own an dell xps m1330 and when I installed this driver mi ventilator started going crazy turning itself on and off very very frequently... This is very annoying!! I have the same problem with 179.13 and 180.48 all for vista 32-bit... Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem? Many thanks!!

Hello everyone!

I´m having a problem with this driver. I own an dell xps m1330 and when I installed this driver mi ventilator started going crazy turning itself on and off very very frequently... This is very annoying!! I have the same problem with 179.13 and 180.48 all for vista 32-bit... Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem? Many thanks!!

My advice is get another driver.These drivers aren't tested with every pc out there.I used the 179's and kept getting blue screens so i went back to 175.32 from dell's site.U've got a dell.I just checked the site for u.I would use there driver.its a 176 driver which means its got most of the new game updates.This driver has been tested with ur machine and will fix the problem if its driver related..It very rare to find a driver that will work 100% with ur hardware that didn't come from ur pc manufactuer.

Hello!... About these drivers for my XPS M1530 with 8600M GT, everyone says these are the best, but my problem is that when i install them, my energy modes get completly mess up and im not able to change from one to another. In spanish, modes are Alto rendimiento (bright monitor) and Economizador (not so bright). Any one knows how to fix this?. Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.

do a search for "powermizer switch" this will enable low and high video modes

• 2 weeks later...

I have a HP DV6000z notebook with an integrated nVidia GeForce Go 6150 and after installing this driver I'm unable to adjust the brightness. Really weird. :)