LaptopVideo2Go Forums

cant enable sli

Guest minime

help me pls.

i tried for several hours now, to activate sli on an alienware aurora 9700 with 2 x 9700gs and with vista!

have a multiboot system, and with xp the sli is no problem.

under vista i tried 178.13 and 179.13 from the download section here and also the Mobile "Xtreme-G 177.92 Vista 32bit" drivers from tweakforce. i can install these drivers, but when i try to enable sli the message "some application need to be closed". i confirm, but immediately im asked for a reeboot. after the reebot, the flag is still on "non sli"?

what can i do?

is sli in general possible with vista on this machine?

did i try driver which are not capable for sli?

a vista problem?

what applications does the installer try to close when this message appears?

i also noticed, tha a process trusted(something) started and used up to 100% cpu. guess this was caused by a driver-sweeper.

pls help me.

It might be worth it to try disabling Aero before you enable SLI, and then re-enable Aero afterwards.

What xp driver are you using?

Guest minime

disabling aero didnt fix the problem.

also tried 174.74 drivers, which some others use with sli -> but have the same problem

so is anyone able to use sli under vista on the aw aurora 9700 ?

@ andrew55: as for xp drivers: use the ones from the alienware supportpage 174.28 / probably outdated :)

I don't see why it shouldn't work I highly recommend you trying the 179.13 Alienware drivers.

Guest minime
I don't see why it shouldn't work I highly recommend you trying the 179.13 Alienware drivers.

dont work either.

also tried the mobility modder from driverheaven

what i found now: with the inf enhancer modified inf only shows 7800sli but not my card the 7900sli? is this causing the problem?

shouldnt there be an enty with 7900sli?

after installing the drivers, i get zthe message, that sli is detected and can be activated, but everytime i try after the neccessary reboot sli is deactivated again.

unfortunately there isnt much activity in this forums :/

If you download the modded inf (from the driver page) are you seeing your dev and subsys listed because it should be there

Guest minime

yes its included.

in the meantime, i loaded onother driver from the us site of alienware, vista32 drivers explicit named as sli-able for my system: but i still cant enable it.

i then tried to remove the nforce drivers and reinstalled the graphics drivers: same problem.

i am close to give it up :)

Not sure how this will help but you can install ntune 6 and save an sli enabled profile. I don't know if this will work but you could try it.

Guest minime
Not sure how this will help but you can install ntune 6 and save an sli enabled profile. I don't know if this will work but you could try it.

ty, will give it a try :)

first i had to deal with some hardwareissues, as my gf cards reached 115°C :S

was removing dust from the inside, and a ball of dust gotten loose and blocked the fan. system the turned off immediately several times. i disassembled and reassambled cpu and gpus, cleaned fans and heatsinks and renewed the arctic silver aswell. i can se very few light brown marks on the solder, but the cards are fine, phew. both cards are bios-oced.

give the ntune a try and get back to you.

tnx 4 help.