LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Messy Desktop!

MonkeyMhz

Anyone else like me?.. Pretty much when working on 3D and programming stuff like that on my laptop or even desktop doesent make a differerence, ill end up making like a texture file saved as a tga or whatever and then ill save like 10 other slightly changed/modified versions of it, and by the time i get my final texture made, i have like 20 files sitting on my desktop with stupid names cuz im working quick and name it whatever comes to mind. Then i neatly keep the final image in its folder but all those other 20 files just sit on my desktop collecting dust. lol. Ive had over 60 items on my desktop before and you know what I do then, i drag it into a folder called Crap. And then that folder ends up being GB's worth, in the last 2 weeks ive ended up with a crap folder of 780+MB!. Now what do I do, burn it to a cd cuz im afraid something important is on there, then I put the CD in my room or in a shoebox full of about 100 other CD's and thats it.

Lol. Its a disaster. Anyone else have this problem. Ive been doing it for years, ive tried to break the habit when I get new PC's but it just doesent work. Lol. Well time to burn another CD when i get home.

Edited by MonkeyMhz

pretty funny.

I think to a certain extent we are like you. BTW how old are you? My students are always imitating me about naming files and folders correctly, saving regularly etc. Thing is im barely older than them !!

I keep my desktop clean. nothing on it except data i need for that day. Then i allow myself 5 mins to organise the updated files into folders in appropriate position on hard drive. Then once a week i do a back up to an externl terabite drive. Which is almost full.

I just can't stand a messy desktop...

Desktop.png

hey Michael.. how did you get the uploaded file to go that big. mine always reduce to 15% or original.

It defaulted to that... The file was too big to upload as an attachment, so instead I uploaded it to the FTP server and linked to it in the post.

Lol well, my desktop isn't messy, it had 3 folders, Crap, Title of whatever im working on, and then a Storage folder, and thats it. But when im working it gets cluttered and i drag all of it into crap folder so my desktop looks clean, lol.

btw im 18.

oh yea, and nice dog michael.

Edited by MonkeyMhz