LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce 9600M GT drivers?

Guest Alexander

Guest Alexander

Hello people...

I have a problem: fifa09 (and i had it with fifa08) running with lags...

I use samsung r710 laptop with very good tech specs (centrino 2 duo 2.0GHZ, 4GB ram, geforce 9600M GT video).

All other games runs very smooth, even at high settings( like Medieval 2 Total War, which has even better graphics)

Can somebody tell me, which driver i need to try...

Guys I solved this problem... well the performance of fifa09 improved alot.

It was Vista problem, when i installed XP lags went awat(only little lags maybe 2 times in a match, for milisecnds).

i use 1024-768 res, with medium, 3d grass - off, shaders all - on...

Im about to experement with vidoe drivers to see which one give best performance and post it later....

OK, would be a great help.

I installed latest driver (178.13) But it gives me allot of lag while scrolling trough browser, very strange, rolling back to 177.98, ill post results.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest klikkamongo
Guys I solved this problem... well the performance of fifa09 improved alot.

It was Vista problem, when i installed XP lags went awat(only little lags maybe 2 times in a match, for milisecnds).

i use 1024-768 res, with medium, 3d grass - off, shaders all - on...

Im about to experement with vidoe drivers to see which one give best performance and post it later....

Hey!

Witch drivers where the best?

I also have an laptop with 9600m gt:)

• 7 months later...
Guest Guest

Anyone who have problems with running fifa09, here's the way how to make your gameplay playeble!

First of all - install windows xp (i tried alot of drivers for vista, none of them worked well).

Install new drivers - i found that 177.81 and 176.88 are best for fifa09( dont know about other games, but all other games with much better graphics works fine)

Install fifa09 performance patch - you can find this patch all over internet, just google it. this patch gives a big boost to the game, without it game will lag (this patch contains two versions - normal and extreme, normal works fine with me).

Also change game settings for 1024-768 res, with medium, 3d grass - off, shaders all - on.

This changes made Fifa09 work fine on my computer, which is samsung r710, with centrino 2 2.0ghz duo, 4 GB of ram 9600m GT.

The reason why i made this post is, that i got really mad when i bought my new laptop and installed fifa09 which was running with extreme lags... i tried many things to fix that problem, because its the only game i play on my computer. If this post will help other people, i'll be very glad. I also hope that in future EA sports will make next version of fifa compaiteble with laptops. Good luck! And never give up!