LaptopVideo2Go Forums

MXM Upgrade. Why?

Guest MonkeyMhz

Guest MonkeyMhz

I don't get why people are upgrading their laptop gfx by MXM. Like it would be great if Nvidia and ATI both sold MXM cards in stores like normal gfx cards. But thats not the case. So why would somone spend 275 (Euros if im correct) which is like ($500 CAN/USD) for a 8600GT when they can buy a whole new laptop with a 8600GT for only 1000$?...

Possibly the same reason why some people "upgrade" there vintage cars...

I don't get why people are upgrading their laptop gfx by MXM. Like it would be great if Nvidia and ATI both sold MXM cards in stores like normal gfx cards. But thats not the case. So why would somone spend 275 (Euros if im correct) which is like ($500 CAN/USD) for a 8600GT when they can buy a whole new laptop with a 8600GT for only 1000$?...

Why spend $1000 when you can spend $200-$150 that what 8600m gt usually cost...

and why buy everything new, just because of speed? People like you make life on this planet worse with their stupidity

What are doing on this site you mug?

high end machines with an 8600gt that is MXM can upgrade for 500 USD and keep their high spec unit. as opposed to a new low end unit with an 8600 gt.

I know in a year maybe sooner i'll upgrade my MXM sli cards. As appart from the GPU's its a very fast machine