LaptopVideo2Go Forums

I think I just eliminated downclocking for certain!

Covert

Not sure, but my games haven't been downclocking and going really slow after extended plays.

Find the large list of registry keys where you would normally disable powermizer in Regedit by searching for PerfLevelSrc. (Open a RUN box (Windows + R) and type regedit, then press Ctrl + F)

Now just press E, or go to the keys that begin with E and you should find a few things with ENABLE before their name, namely:

EnableCoreClowdown

EnableMClkSlowdown

EnableNVClkSlowdown

I set the values of these to zero and restarted and games have no more sudden changes to bad framerate that I've noticed so far.

So does what I found really work? or is it all in my head.

Which driver are u using currently? I heard (haven't tried it out myself) that some of the latest drivers don't give you downclocking during gaming. Any chance you know what MClk and NVClk stand for? Also what are your idle temps after disabling the above entries.

Wow. I changed those settings to 0. and restarted. now my memory wont even run at default clocks. it is stuck at 100 no matter what i try. i even reinstalled the drivers. this sux.

please give me someway to fix this.

Change them back to 1?

Well the problem was with powermizer settings for disabling it. I was trying all the options(powermizer + the 3 above) at once. When the problem came for the first time i just changed those three settings back to 1. but didnt work. then i tried changing back the powermizer settings and thank god it works. weird by the way. my driver is 179.13.

I thought the three options were in the INF and not in the registry and shouldn't you be aware of your laptop temperature if you change these three settings because I think this was talked about in another topic a while back. :)

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....amp;#entry86440

EnableCoreClowdown

EnableMClkSlowdown

EnableNVClkSlowdown

And these are the PowerMizer settings I usually use.

HLM/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/Video/{unique id}/0000

1. PerfLevelSrc from 3333 to 3322

2. PowerMizerDefault from 3 to 1

3. PowerMizerEnable from 1 to 0

4. PowerMizerLevel from 3 to 1

5. PowerMizerAC to 1 (is already)

7. PowerSaverHsyncOn to 0

Edited by Shaythong