LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Best Driver for Dell XPS 8600 M GT

Naveen

Hi all..

I have DELL XPS 1530

with 8600 M GT

i need a driver with best performance..

i prev downloaded certain versions ( modded ones naturally ) and since most of them are not signed .. i get few errors and crash some times...

can u guys suggest me the best one ... in case of performance and least problamatic and also latest if possible... and signed ...

i play a lot so any increase in FPS is greatly welcomed...

My config as follows

vista home premium 32 bit

3 gb ram

250 gb hdd

waiting for ur replies..

Guest eisteeee

hi, i own an similar notebook from ASUS, a M51Sn, with an 9500m gs, which is a slightly improved 8600m gt.

I am using windows vista and made best experiences with the 178.13 driver so far.

hope that will help you.

I have dual 8600m GT's in my toshiba, and I'm running 179.13. I've not been gaming a lot lately, but I've had no crashes, and it overclocks just fine with ATITools. 178.13 seems to have a lot of downloads however, and it is signed.

I have dual 8600m GT's in my toshiba, and I'm running 179.13. I've not been gaming a lot lately, but I've had no crashes, and it overclocks just fine with ATITools. 178.13 seems to have a lot of downloads however, and it is signed.

Hey David,

I have a DELL 1520 2.0 GHz 800FSB, 2GB RAM @ 667 and Nvidia 8600MGT. Do you know of the best drivers if I want to use it for Vista Ultimate 64-bit?

thnks,

B.

as far as 32 and 64 bit concerned, the driver version should be preferred equally, which means I suggest 178.13(what i am using)

and sorry eisteeee, 9500m gs is not slightly improved then 8600m gt, both are equal in everyway, same die size, same core code name, some experiencing identical overheating and downclocking issues as the 8600m gt. only differences is the name has been rebranded.

sorry that you had your hopes up

i am currently using 175.95 any comment on this driver ???

and can anyone please give the link for 178.13

and also tell me how much fps u gained ???

and can anyone tell me how to select a good driver from this site...

i mean there are loads of driver and many have old driver version ... but they are released here ...

please do suggest ways to get good ones especially for 8600m GT DELL

and is 178.13 vist 32 bit compatible... where to find it ... even in download page of this site.. it is listed under xp ... please help me guys

Edited by Naveen

Guest Guest26

Guys i am also looking for the similiar driver as like naveen_reloaded

Can anyone provide the link to the drivers mentioned above..

I am also using vista 32 bit...

Please some one reply

as far as 32 and 64 bit concerned, the driver version should be preferred equally, which means I suggest 178.13(what i am using)

and sorry eisteeee, 9500m gs is not slightly improved then 8600m gt, both are equal in everyway, same die size, same core code name, some experiencing identical overheating and downclocking issues as the 8600m gt. only differences is the name has been rebranded.

sorry that you had your hopes up

The 9500m GS uses less power to do the same job that the 8600m GT does. The 9500 wont heat up as much as the 8600m GT. It also has a couple extra optimisations. You will probably see better performance in the 9500m GS... only by a fraction tho. im talking 1 FPS if that.

guys please provide the link where i can download the above mentioned driver....

its stated that its for alienware .. will it support for my config ?

i am about to try DOX`s new driver .... let me see...