LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce 8600M GT Driver Assistance

Guest Odric

I have not done much driver updating in my time and I have never used laptopvideo2go's services before. I am hoping that some kind soul here can show me to a newer driver that would work with my card on my C90s. I have read around on the forums and I have some idea of what to do but not enough of one to feel confident that I won't mess up something and I am not willing to take the risk of messing up, considering this laptop is the most I have spent on something in my life aside from my first car and even then there was only a small difference.

I would appreciate anyone who could suggest a driver to download. Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Driver Version: 7.15.0011.0117 (English)

It seems as though any driver should be compatible but I am unsure what I am looking for. I have read through the info but honestly, I am still baffled on what would be a good driver to download and how to know what a good one would be.

I like to learn so don't be afraid to tickle my mind if you want to with some info.

Basically any driver will work if u use the modded inf which comes along with each driver. Usually the newest drivers work best since they have the most fixes. Drivers will not break your laptop, the worst that can happen is that you have to use system restore to go back to your old driver which worked. I recommend the 178.13 or 178.15 drivers which can be found in the forums. Follow the faq for how to install it (it's a simple process).

I have the same card as you. If you are using Windows vista 32 bit, then go for the latest driver (179.13). Its very good compared to the previous ones which shat on my PC and it has yet to fail me.