LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 178.13

Dox

to get higher image quality just turn texture filtering to Quality and turn off optimisations in the nvidia control panel :)

There's no magic to it, I dont set the image quality with my drivers only tweaks to ensure maximum performance of your card.

OpenGL I do set image quality for as they cannot be changed in the nvidia control panel.

and i'll try to get laggy aero performance fixed in the next release :)

no need for benchmarks if you dont want to... just enjoy the drivers!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• Naveen

• wook

• Au_Xtr3me

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thnks bro.. will try ur advice..

when will be ur next release and can u share with us .. wht changes have u planned to bring in ...

can u optimize more .. the drivers to get more performance .. and is there a way to increase the fan speed ... ?? in case we want to overclock more ...

update:

yes there sis definitely some lag in browsing and vista on the whole...

i have 3 gig or ram and didnt have this problem previuosly...

hope dox tell us how to fix this ..

when is the next version releasing bro ??

Edited by Naveen

DOX should i have to again follow all the steps .. like removing the driver ??

again wht do u mean by v 1.1 affects only vista 32 and 64 ??

should i install v1.1 or not ??

and please tell me has the vista lag been corrected ??

• 1 month later...

Hi Dox, thank u for your amazing driver,

but i miss my second 16:10 resolution 1280x800

1440x900 is built in but 1280x800 not

how can i add it or where can i cange it?

pls help

thx Ka1es

try my new 180.84 (its in the test build thread)

Or choose to create custom resolution in the nvidia control panel.

Anything with from 180.44 should have better resolution support.

this driver was the first driver that I made to support all cards so it is a little buggy!

I learned from this though so my newer drivers keeps getting better and better.

Rome wasnt built in a day :)

• 2 weeks later...

hey there dox,

i am completely new to moded drivers as I just bought my first laptop. When i got it, i put AOC on it and it ran fine but always said that the forceware driver was outdated at start up. COD 4 ran smooth but would crash a lot. So i finally started looking around and decided to try ur driver. I used driver sweeper, and loaded it just fine,(when i tried loading nvidia drivers b4 they would not complete loading,*couldnt find hardware* or something weird like that), so i was like, sweeeet!!, when urs loaded smoothly,

But now age of Conan isnt playing right, I no longer have that anoying update ur driver message but when I get to login screen the picture is very messed up looking, i can only see certain parts of my character like hair, tatoos and stuff, and game play is the same, u cant see ground or other people

And Cod 4 plays, it looks a little more jagged than b4 but plays about the same, i will try playing for a while to see if the crash is fixed

I tried system restoring but that didnt work, and I found the latest 179.28 forceware driver, straight from nvidia that supports my 8600m gt card, so i did clean sweep again and put that on there(loaded fine) and it still isnt fixxed!! Could it have anything to do with clean sweep or registry files being deleted by it??

Help!!

jahman

never mind, i used driver sweeper again but this time restarted after doing it. and this time i put ur 180.84 in and it works greats, thats bud!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

I'm using these drivers on xps1530 with 8600mgt.

Tried the 180.84 but couldn'y OC, tried 178.13 and got bit lower results, but after rasing the clocks a little, got better results. But the problem is that i can rase the core only with shaders. If i try to move them independently nothing happens.

What should i do to fix this?

P.S. did the clean install just how it is in the guide and installed with have disk method.

Running vista32

• 2 months later...
Guest Piloto

Hey Dox, I have a 8600M GT and after I updated to the lastest nvidia driver my laptop shuts off five seconds after I've been playing a game.

Which driver would you recommend? I heard this one was the best, but the link for the Vista 64x is broken, can you fix it?

Thanks in advance.