LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 178.13

Dox

I've finished tweaking the official nvidia drivers adding support for all 6-9 mobile gpus.

heres the list of changes done to the drivers:

Based on official Forceware 178.13:

• Removed Desktop GPU support
  • Added support for all geforce go 6 - 9m cards and quadro equivalent
  • Adjusted resolution table and extra resolutions
  • Numerous Direct X and OpenGL tweaks for performance
  • Increased responsiveness of Nvidia control panel
  • Driver comes with two inf files -one is for troubleshooting purposes
  • Disabled Nvidia display driver service and start up items to reduce background resources and boot time
  • Removed Nview installation with the default inf

Further optimisations to driver:

• Removed Nvidia control panel help files and language files
  • Removed Keystone.exe
  • Removed nvcolor.exe
  • English language release only.

Download Links:

Vista64_178.13

Vista_178.13

XP64_178.13

XP_178.13

I highly recommend you clean uninstall your current driver using a driver cleaner app before installing these.

No need to download driver files and inf separately as its all packaged into the exe.

Inf not based on pieter's.

Please post all feedback and troubles in this thread for my custom forceware 178.13.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• Naveen

• wook

• Au_Xtr3me

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Fell no

First of all thanks for your awesome release... Just few questions though

I have been searching the best driver for my Dell XPS 8600m gt 0407 id

Does this driver of yours support? I am on vista 32 bit home premium

Another thing...

You mentioned about clean install...

How to do it? Wont it cause problem in laptop? Even if we clean install , wont it install driver, default ones once we restart... Please can you explain it...many would benefit from it...

Thanks in advance...

Waiting for reply...

Guest Guest1234

Another thing...

How to do it? Wont it cause problem in laptop? Even if we clean install , wont it install driver, default ones once we restart... Please can you explain it...many would benefit from it...

Thanks in advance...

Waiting for reply...

Thanks to Dox for the wonderful drivers....I've to try them on my Dell XPS M1530 8600m gt if the inf supports of course.

Mr.Guest,

As I know a few things about drivers, would like to share them with you. Caution though, as these are beta drivers & if not used properly may cause system damage & may not be covered in your warranty. If you are willing to take a calculated risk, then follow me.

Prerequisite: create a restore point first.

1. Get driver sweeper from Google. it's freeware. install it

2. Uninstall the nvidia drivers via control panel. Don't restart yet.

3. start driver sweeper & check the nvidia drivers, click analyse then clean.

4. Go to registry, under HKLM>software>Microsoft>windows>current version>runonce --- Delete keys releated to Nvidia. they will be like nv.cpl etc....if you don't delete them & restart; nvidia default drivers will install again.

5. Now restart the system &hit F8 to go to safe mode. Go to device manager (devmgmt.msc) & open the display adapters; u'll see Standard VGA adapter.

6. Now install the EXE file that Dox provided & restart. Before doing this confirm with DOX if the Modded INF has 8600m GT in it.

Guest Guest1234

More over 177.92 without the physx are the best so far for 8600m GT. I personally hate Dell for this GPU. It's not for gaming at all.

If you are more advanced, Disable powermizer in Vista. Search for forum on how to do it

Hey Dox,

Thanks for the drivers. However, I'm looking for RAW Nvidia drivers (no Nvidia control panel or other utilities). May I have them please & what possible risks are we seeing here. Will Raw drivers cause sluttering issues. Thanks for your reply.

was going to do a compairison. But unfortunately on both 32 and 64 vista would go to black screen at end of install and sat there for 10 mins (did a hard rebot) hard disk churning but nothing happening.

Then after reboot said driver was installed on one of my sli cards, but not the other one. tried installing it on that one, same thing. black screen didnt wait 10 mins this time. after reboot still not installed on other card.

Performance was slightly under pieters inf. But was only installed on one of the sli cards.

so was probaly conflicting.

For some reason my card's memory is locked at 100 MHz and i cant even bring it to default 3d settings. Core is adjustable. Please help.

Edited by thegr8anand

I've tried them out but my driver wasn't in the list: Geforce 9600M GT

Only Geforce 9600M GS is on the list.

if you could give me your dev id, i'll add support in the next release.

Another thing...

Thanks in advance...

1) Driver supports 8600M GT

2) clean uninstall guide: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....ost&p=76633

nice, but with physx from nvidia it cant see my 8800m gtx!!?? i thought its compatible with physx

so you can't have physX acelleration?

what do you mean you cant see your card?

For some reason my card's memory is locked at 100 MHz and i cant even bring it to default 3d settings. Core is adjustable. Please help.

make sure you start your laptop on AC power otherwise it will be stuck on low perf clocks

was going to do a compairison. But unfortunately on both 32 and 64 vista would go to black screen at end of install and sat there for 10 mins (did a hard rebot) hard disk churning but nothing happening.

Then after reboot said driver was installed on one of my sli cards, but not the other one. tried installing it on that one, same thing. black screen didnt wait 10 mins this time. after reboot still not installed on other card.

Performance was slightly under pieters inf. But was only installed on one of the sli cards.

so was probaly conflicting.

did you install with have disk method? (for the two cards)

The driver here are very barebones and i this release was really a test to see how much I could get away with.

Guest hovercraftdriver

Dox,

Thank you very much!!! These are the best drivers I've used from any place for my HP HDX 8800m GTS. Stock scores and game performance (FPS) improved dramatically...OC'd not as much, but my GPU is cooler.

Didn't use have disk method. Uninstalled old drivers, safe mode boot to use driver cleaner, cleaned reg entries, rebooted and installed, then installed PhysX stand-alone. All is great...very good job!! :)

Dox,

Thank you very much!!! These are the best drivers I've used from any place for my HP HDX 8800m GTS. Stock scores and game performance (FPS) improved dramatically...OC'd not as much, but my GPU is cooler.

Didn't use have disk method. Uninstalled old drivers, safe mode boot to use driver cleaner, cleaned reg entries, rebooted and installed, then installed PhysX stand-alone. All is great...very good job!! :)

Dox,

I have a 8600m GT. Tried the driver last night. Even after a clean install (driver sweeper, safe mode, Have disk method), my GPU is way downclocking(note: no services except for microsoft & macfee). Normally I would get 50 fps with 177.92 (Gears of war). With this driver, I was getting an average 25 fps. My lappy was on AC Power. Then I thought of powermizer. Went to registry..\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{**a series of numbers that are different**}\0000\PerfLevelSrc. It's not there. Then I checked for PowerMizerEnable value. It's zero by default. So you have eliminated powermizer (PowermizerLevel=0) to increase performance which was seriously downclocking :) my lappy. Please let me what can be done as I'm having the same problem even after I did a rollback or system restore or clean install to 177.92

Dox,

I have a 8600m GT. Tried the driver last night. Even after a clean install (driver sweeper, safe mode, Have disk method), my GPU is way downclocking(note: no services except for microsoft & macfee). Normally I would get 50 fps with 177.92 (Gears of war). With this driver, I was getting an average 25 fps. My lappy was on AC Power. Then I thought of powermizer. Went to registry..\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{**a series of numbers that are different**}\0000\PerfLevelSrc. It's not there. Then I checked for PowerMizerEnable value. It's zero by default. So you have eliminated powermizer (PowermizerLevel=0) to increase performance which was seriously downclocking :) my lappy. Please let me what can be done as I'm having the same problem even after I did a rollback or system restore or clean install to 177.92

you must make sure you start your laptop on AC power, otherwise the clocks will be stuck on low perf clocks when you play games.

if that dont work, go into the inf file and add:

HKR,, PerfLevelSrc, %REG_DWORD%, 0x2222

(under [nv_devicesoftwaresettings])

The powermizer settings are based on nvidia's default which is obviously causing issues which will be fixed in later dox driver releases.

1) Driver supports 8600M GT

2) clean uninstall guide: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....ost&p=76633

Thanks for your reply...

Few more questions though...

Is Clean install really safe?

Is there a way to restore if something goes wrong?

Will my card will also be locked? I mean can i overclock, coz now i have overclocked it by core speed 540, memory speed by 745

Coz with overclocked card only i was able to play all latest games on my lap...

Please do also say that how to revert my driver back to present one? And also why cant i simply install it over the present one?

Thanks in advance... Looking forward for your reply..

Thanks for a great driver, finally found one that is compatiable with my 8700m gt that will run my Blueray player with power dvd at 1080p, don't even have to resize the screen fits perfectly :)

I've finished tweaking the official nvidia drivers adding support for all 6-9 mobile gpus.

heres the list of changes done to the drivers:

Based on official Forceware 178.13:

• Removed Desktop GPU support
  • Added support for all geforce go 6 - 9m cards and quadro equivalent
  • Adjusted resolution table and extra resolutions
  • Numerous Direct X and OpenGL tweaks for performance
  • Increased responsiveness of Nvidia control panel
  • Driver comes with two inf files -one is for troubleshooting purposes
  • Disabled Nvidia display driver service and start up items to reduce background resources and boot time
  • Removed Nview installation with the default inf

Further optimisations to driver:

• Removed Nvidia control panel help files and language files
  • Removed Keystone.exe
  • Removed nvcolor.exe
  • English language release only.

Download Links:

Vista64_178.13

Vista_178.13

XP64_178.13

XP_178.13

I highly recommend you clean uninstall your current driver using a driver cleaner app before installing these.

No need to download driver files and inf separately as its all packaged into the exe.

Inf not based on pieter's.

Please post all feedback and troubles in this thread for my custom forceware 178.13.

1) clean uninstall is safe if you follow instructions.

I recommend it for my drivers because I've removed files from nvidia drivers - so clean uinstalling your current driver means that ALL files will be removed and it wont clash with mine.

2) not sure if you can overclock, just install and try.

you should get a performance boost anyway with my driver.

i will try to clean install....

and regarding the overclock issue... i dont mind getting performance boost thru ur driver... but the amoiunt of overclocking i have did with the current driver is nearly twice... can i get that much boost.... i really like all the features in ur driver... it simply rocks....

just only one more question .. can i roll back to prev driver ( the present one after ur driver is installed ) ... after clean installing ??

and i am unable to download from filefront .. i says there isnt server available... i am from india... can u upload to RS or 4shared or something reliable thnks for ur help .. and also for the driver/..

Edited by Naveen

to remove my drivers you simply uinstall it through "add and remove programs" in windows and install another driver.

I think you'll be ok without overclocking that much with my drivers :)

thnks buddy... but can u fix ur link ...

i am tryin for past two hrs.. i cant[edited] able to download....

one thing though ... when i try unistall will my display go off ?? or sort of thing ... u know ... iam very worried about it only or .. is there any generic driver which will be installed for temporary ??

Edited by Naveen

your display will will not go off when you uninstall.

you will be asked to reboot.

upon reboot vista install a genric display driver, at which point you can install mine.

I can download fine..

Your download has failed. There were no available download servers.

Click here to try your download again. Click here to try your download again.

tthis is wht i am getting for the past 4 hours...

please can u upload somewhere ??

DOX it seems many are having problem downloading the driver from filefront.. please upload in someother