LaptopVideo2Go Forums

SLI.. not so much

ConcreteInterface

Yesterday I was referred to this site and I installed 179.13... I loaded up Crysis and everything was looking much much better... When I restarted this morning the screen went blackive installed and uninstalled quite a few times now.. It seems to have a problem with enabling the SLI and video is becoming worse (less framerate) than with it off... I really dont know much about video cards and Im trying to lean... Any help?

Yesterday I was referred to this site and I installed 179.13... I loaded up Crysis and everything was looking much much better... When I restarted this morning the screen went blackive installed and uninstalled quite a few times now.. It seems to have a problem with enabling the SLI and video is becoming worse (less framerate) than with it off... I really dont know much about video cards and Im trying to lean... Any help?

Yeah, i know man... I have the same lappy but with 8800gtx sli and noticed this problem with xp but not as much in vista... Try to set anisotpisk to 8 and edge to 4 in nvidia controlpanel. This is what Dell technical support told me to do. What OS do you use??

Yeah, i know man... I have the same lappy but with 8800gtx sli and noticed this problem with xp but not as much in vista... Try to set anisotpisk to 8 and edge to 4 in nvidia controlpanel. This is what Dell technical support told me to do. What OS do you use??

Vista

install standard vga drivers.. boot to safemode and run driver sweep. clean out all other nvidia dynamic link files. then boot to normal, and install nvidia drivers.

that will work. had a similar issue.

What i did was clean install of vista.

Yeah, most of this common problems tend to occur due to traces of old drivers in the registry that don't normally get removed in the uninstall process.

install standard vga drivers.. boot to safemode and run driver sweep. clean out all other nvidia dynamic link files. then boot to normal, and install nvidia drivers.

that will work. had a similar issue.

What i did was clean install of vista.

I before I do it I need to be 100%... Where do I find the VGA drivers and how do I know I have the right ones? Also I downloaded "Driver Sweeper" is that a sufficient program? Sorry about the noobness

I before I do it I need to be 100%... Where do I find the VGA drivers and how do I know I have the right ones? Also I downloaded "Driver Sweeper" is that a sufficient program? Sorry about the noobness

Actually I think I got it... Well see how this works out... Thanks for the help