LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Andrew's Customized INF for Acer Aspire 5520-5912 (32 bit only)

Andrew55

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew55

• SpitFir3

• axelspike

• kodb

Whats up Andrew,

I just tried to install the new inf and I get the "No changes were made to your system" message. I'm running 32 bit xp pro sp3. Also ive been checking into that whole OC resetting thing and theres a process thats installed in msconfig that shows an Ntune process and says something about clear. Heres the full process info

This is how it appears in msconfig

".../nTuneCmd.exe" clear

Hope this helps.

And I hope to see the new inf soon, Thanks for all of your work.

OK, thanks for your help everyone, it seems that I will have to go into some further scrutiny about this problem, will try to have it for you as soon as possible, perhaps within the next hour.

ntunecmd.exe'' clear is just the way taskmanager recognizes ntune. Thanks for your time and effort though.

Okay, a new version of the xp 32 bit is up. This one may fix your problem, but I can't guarantee until someone tries it out for me. Thank you!

Okay, back to the drawing board.

andrew:

the reason your xp inf isnt working is because you have:

%NVIDIA_C67.DEV_0533.1% = mobile_nv_NV3x, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0533

but under

[ControlFlags]

ExcludeFromSelect = *

you dont have an entery for [mobile_nv_NV3x]

Hello guys..

Dox is right and i add the entry in the inf and it works.

the inf is Attached in my post.

:)

sorry guys the inf is dun works perfect =(

nv4_disp_xp32.inf

Edited by SpitFir3

Thanks to Dox, I will now upload the new version of the xp inf. Looking also to re-do the rest of the inf's soon (very much under the weather right now, the reason why I was away and couldn't get the inf uploaded, sorry). Anyway, uploading now. Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Andrew,

I finally got some time to try this inf and I find myself with a problem, using the setup.exe from the driver at first everything works fine, when I reboot the laptop all the graphics get bad 640x480 resolution and all that, I cant change that so I uninstall the driver and install it using the "Have disk" method, it does find the driver info and starts installing, but after like 15 mins of starting the install it gives me an error "the driver could not be installed because it isnt compatible with this version of windows"

I'm using windows xp pro with sp3

Thanks

Okay, thanks for the info, will get to it (busy for the holidays). In the meantime, you can use Pieter's inf. Thanks again and happy holidays.

Also, this may not work, but try not using the have disk method and just install it using the installer.

New version uploaded (xp 32 bit). Hopefully this one solves the installation problems.

Hi Andrew! I'm having problems installing the 177.92 driver too. I downloaded the driver, extracted it, deleted the original inf and replaced it with yours. Then I ran the setup but it said in the end that "The system was not modified." I'm using Vista 32-bit.

Yeah, sorry I was in the process of updating and I uploaded the wrong inf for vista 32. Will re-upload the new version now.

New Vista 32 uploaded. Further optimized.

Jonchu, new Vista INF up. Check it out and see.

Hey Andrew

I just tried the XP 32 INF and there were some issues, first the installer said that "no changes were made" and then after I restarted my laptop the old driver was uninstalled and when I re-installed 177.66 there were some warnings that newer dlls where installed so I overwrite them

Happy New Year!

I wonder why there is that no changes were made screen. Will look once again into this. Which also probably means that vista 32 will suffer from similar problems. Happy New Year to you as well.

It seems as if the link provided for the XP 32 bit inf links to an older version of this file. Maybe it's my fault but I was sure I uploaded the right version.. I even double checked. Strange... Anyway, will upload the right version now. The vista 32 bit inf is the right version.

New INF up, uploaded to different directory so problem with old inf shouldn't recur as far as xp 32 is concerned.

I'm happy to say that the XP 32 INF is now working, thank you so much Andrew

Ok, no problem. Good to see it working. Have to do some work on the x64 versions now. They haven't been updated in a while. Will take xp 32 out of beta.

Thanks for testing!