LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Andrew's Customized INF for Acer Aspire 5520-5912 (32 bit only)

Andrew55

Okay, will try to fix the problem soon.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew55

• SpitFir3

• axelspike

• kodb

What do you mean where you are running vista 32 bit?

Also I have not yet uploaded the new vista 32 bit inf. You can try the existing one and see if it works. The new one will be up in a couple of days.

What do you mean where you are running vista 32 bit?

Also I have not yet uploaded the new vista 32 bit inf. You can try the existing one and see if it works. The new one will be up in a couple of days.

Waiting with baited breath ;-)

I hope I have the process right.

1: I need to download 177.92 (Done)

2: I wait for the Vista 32 inf to be completed.

3: I install the new drivers????????

4: Then the INF I need to replace will show up????? I Too have no idea where to look for it ;-(

I appreciate your efforts on this Andrew, you've been at this a while.

Since I seem to be getting nowhere with acer, you hopefully will be my salvation ;-))

Ok, you take the inf you downloaded and put it into the folder you extracted the drivers to. Copy and replace. That's it. It may/may not work as I other people reported that this inf is not installing. Thanks.

Fixed Vista 32 inf up, enjoy.

Im having a hard time finding this 177.92 driver.Can some one plz point me in the right direction!!!

Edited by ShiVon

I have already given you a link.

Well i didnt see it.But if you say there is a link ill look for it again.Can you tell me what post its on?Btw i can kinda newbe at this laptop stuff so plz bare with me

Ok man i found it on a diff post.Ty ty very much.I really hope it works for me.I usally play world of warcraft but it plays really choppy for me.again thanks for the link and ill let you know how its goes :) if you have any sujestions im open to bout anythang.I did have a question about my bios....whether i should flash them or not.If you know anythang about bios let me know

Edited by ShiVon

No prob, should work fine with those games, unless you are using vista.

• 3 weeks later...

i am using vista 32bit but it seems to working of for now but ill send feedback if a problem comes up

Ok, please tell if problems arise.

As of now, yes.

Thanks for the suggestion. Will do some testing on the driver and will release an inf for it if it works better.

Will try to get this to you tomorrow if I see that it performs better than 177.92.

UPDATE: It looks as if 179.34 has already been released by Acer. That means that most of the optimizations will have already been made and my optimizations would not probably make any appreciable difference. Will test the new 179.48 instead and see as that looks promising.

I don't have xp so i don't know. But if it yields better performance then use it. Will get back to you on the 179.48 soon. They offer some promise.

Starting testing and modding now to see if it is a high performance driver.

Ok, looking at the internals of the inf, looks like some differences exist between the newer drivers and the older series. Will get some more info on this. May make the inf modding a bit longer.

Performance more or less the same for the 177.92 (a little less TBH but XP may be different) so contemplating the feasibility of updating an already good and stable inf version.