hi there:

i overclocked my 8600m GT 256 DDR3 driver 179.13 using Riva Tuner

(performance 3D)

core 475

shader 950

memory 700

and the temp. fly to 88'c

is that ok

Ya, so long as it doesn't topple over 100 it should be OK. I think the max temp is something just over 100.

I would either turn your fans on max speed (if they are not already) or get a laptop cooler if your going to overclock like that.

88C won't immediately destroy your cards but that is still a little on the high side.

hi there:

i overclocked my 8600m GT 256 DDR3 driver 179.13 using Riva Tuner

(performance 3D)

core 475

shader 950

memory 700

and the temp. fly to 88'c

is that ok

475 is the base core speed, i usually overclock it to 600, and the temp won't go higher than 80°C. Your memory speed seems a little high .... i usually keep it below 500.

475 is the base core speed, i usually overclock it to 600, and the temp won't go higher than 80°C. Your memory speed seems a little high .... i usually keep it below 500.

He has a DDR3 8600m GT. 700mHz is the stock speed for memory on that.

hmm well like Michael said the stock memory speeds for GDDR3 cards is 700.

anyways i have mine overclocked to 685/1030/1370 and i get temps from 79c-85c so far. just got my mobo(gpu)/heatsink/processor replaced and testing it out.

so yea really my opinion is you dont wanna go over 90c, otherwise youll damage your card over a long period of time (like a year or more) and you might get downclocking issues.

i believe these cards are tested at 110c so as long as your under that your safe. but 90c seems the rule of thumb.

• 2 weeks later...
I would either turn your fans on max speed (if they are not already) or get a laptop cooler if your going to overclock like that.

88C won't immediately destroy your cards but that is still a little on the high side.

Ouch, I don't even overclock at all and that's the highest temperature my card goes to when playing (world of warcraft). It doesn't go that high with the original driver though (98.08), stays around 80C, can't install that driver any more though.