LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8600M GT- trouble with hdmi connection

BIG RED

well im not exactly sure which section this thread should have been put into, but i gave it my best shot. i just got my hdmi cable in through the mail yesterday and i had a peculiar problem with it the other day. it seems that whenever i have my laptop connected to the hdtv, it has a serious lagging issue. what i mean by lagging is that i would move my mouse for a second or two, then the laptop would pause for a brief second, and then it would catch up. it does this consistently. i am running a dell xps m1530 with an nvidia geforce 8600m gt with 4GB of ram and a 2.4ghz dual core processor. the strange thing about the video card is that a lot of it has to be done through dell (ex. getting the driver). so i called up the support center but to be honest, they werent really of that much help. i myself cannot seem to figure this out. any help would be extremely appreciated.

are you runnning dual monitors when you hook it up to hdmi? just have it display to HDMI only, have the laptop screen disabled when with hdmi

are you runnning dual monitors when you hook it up to hdmi? just have it display to HDMI only, have the laptop screen disabled when with hdmi

i just tried it out and it didnt make much of a difference. once i had it set to only display on the hdtv, i tried turning down the resolution but it did work out either. would the size of the tv screen really make a difference? i believe its somewhere around 50", probably like 52".

well im not exactly sure which section this thread should have been put into, but i gave it my best shot. i just got my hdmi cable in through the mail yesterday and i had a peculiar problem with it the other day. it seems that whenever i have my laptop connected to the hdtv, it has a serious lagging issue. what i mean by lagging is that i would move my mouse for a second or two, then the laptop would pause for a brief second, and then it would catch up. it does this consistently. i am running a dell xps m1530 with an nvidia geforce 8600m gt with 4GB of ram and a 2.4ghz dual core processor. the strange thing about the video card is that a lot of it has to be done through dell (ex. getting the driver). so i called up the support center but to be honest, they werent really of that much help. i myself cannot seem to figure this out. any help would be extremely appreciated.

I'm getting simillar issues when connecting my m1530 2.1GHz 4GB RAM to my 720p projector. There is visual tearing in the output video, as if the output were running at 720i with considerable dealy. WMP and VLC both exhibit this, especially through fast paced scenes. My xbox 360 does not display any problems when playing fast paced games such as Burnout revenge through the HDMI lead on the same projector.

The problem must lie with the graphics card. I've heard it has faulty issues with overheating. I haven't yet tested the card on a demanding hi-res game though.

I've also tried running the video with the Hitachi tx200 projector as the only ouput (non dual screen). The issue is still there.

Also, note how all the new xps M1530's on Dell's site now have Nvidia "Go" graphics cards!

I'm getting simillar issues when connecting my m1530 2.1GHz 4GB RAM to my 720p projector. There is visual tearing in the output video, as if the output were running at 720i with considerable dealy. WMP and VLC both exhibit this, especially through fast paced scenes. My xbox 360 does not display any problems when playing fast paced games such as Burnout revenge through the HDMI lead on the same projector.

The problem must lie with the graphics card. I've heard it has faulty issues with overheating. I haven't yet tested the card on a demanding hi-res game though.

I've also tried running the video with the Hitachi tx200 projector as the only ouput (non dual screen). The issue is still there.

Have a look at your setting: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=109485

It helped me reesolve my issues.