LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problem with Acer75208400mG to Asus 8600m GT

Evgenij

Hello guys.

Yesterday i recieved ASUS 8600m GT, I have aspire 7520g laptop.

I removed my 8400m G , and put 8600m GT into my computer,

turned it on, had some problem with MXM structure, but windows XP started

After that i tryied to install acer bios, everything from this forum, i started DOS with DVD Boot cd

write in cmd nvflash_1.rom_-4-5-6 (_ - space)

then restarted PC and had a black screen...... Nothing worked

I remove 8600m GT from laptop, and install the old one videocard 8400m G...

Read this forum... Then remove old video card, install new one and triend to install bios once again but with black screen, using timer...

nothing had happened....

Then i decided to stop doing this , coz it was 3 a.m, and wanted to install and old video card,

i instaled old video card , but when i power on da lap top, i have BlackScreen too!!!!!!!!!

It is awfull,,, dunno what to do.

I didnt poweroff my pc. coz i need iphone to charge, so when this morning i power it off, i can here that windows is hutting down....

So Windows startes when 8400m G was in...

Then this morning i had 5 minutes and tried to install asus8600m GT, w8 smth like 30-40 seconds from power on of my laptop, but cant here anything,,

Guys i need help, dunno what to do..

I donno, from my guess, I think you might have altered the mobo's bios, see if you know how to do a blind flash of the mobo bios using the old video card in windows.

and make sure your card is slided in fully, and check if the slot has any broken pins or any physical that is wrong.

I donno, from my guess, I think you might have altered the mobo's bios, see if you know how to do a blind flash of the mobo bios using the old video card in windows.

and make sure your card is slided in fully, and check if the slot has any broken pins or any physical that is wrong.

But i had black screen with both video cards!!!

Hi, I see that both of you have the 8600M GT with 256MB of RAM, is it the GDDR3 RAM, if so where you get the Acer BIOS for it.

Thanks